• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

90's varient covers Starting to Skyrocket

92 posts in this topic

Picked up an Adventures Of Superman 498 4th print in a dollar bin today, there haven't been any on ebay in months. No clue what the price range is on that one

Try finding the DC Universe UPC editions of books from this time period. They are impossible to find and are often pretty beat up.

:whistle:

I never realized that Chuck and MileHigh comics were so far ahead of the curve with the "DC Universe" books. The prices on their normal books is crazy, the prices on their newsstand copies are beyond ridiculous, and the prices for the "DCU" books is waaaayyyy out there. Yet, I bet they would only pay a nickle a piece for a NM+ copy. lol

I agree that the mile high prices are insane. As far as the upc DC Universe editions they are very very hard to find. I have been collecting them for a few years and I can say I have never found a NM copy of any issue other than Flash 92 ( first Impulse ). There are a lot of key issues that have the DC Universe upc which makes them fun to hunt for.

PM RMA, I'm pretty sure he could get you a few long boxes full of them.

Picked up an Adventures Of Superman 498 4th print in a dollar bin today, there haven't been any on ebay in months. No clue what the price range is on that one

Try finding the DC Universe UPC editions of books from this time period. They are impossible to find and are often pretty beat up.

I never realized that Chuck and MileHigh comics were so far ahead of the curve with the "DC Universe" books. The prices on their normal books is crazy, the prices on their newsstand copies are beyond ridiculous, and the prices for the "DCU" books is waaaayyyy out there. Yet, I bet they would only pay a nickle a piece for a NM+ copy. lol

I agree that the mile high prices are insane. As far as the upc DC Universe editions they are very very hard to find. I have been collecting them for a few years and I can say I have never found a NM copy of any issue other than Flash 92 ( first Impulse ). There are a lot of key issues that have the DC Universe upc which makes them fun to hunt for.

Shhhhhh....

with the DC Universe upc? I doubt that!

hm

Make a bet with him if you doubt it that much. :whistle:

:devil:

How's about 14 9.4/9.6/9.8 DC Universe UPC books? :devil:

th_Scan_Pic0428_zps2058e902.jpgth_Scan_Pic0429_zps43d3bcdd.jpgth_Scan_Pic0426_zpsd2ec1d88.jpgth_Scan_Pic0427_zps80974488.jpgth_Scan_Pic0424_zpsde2190d5.jpgth_Scan_Pic0425_zps2b7df494.jpgth_Scan_Pic0422_zpsa693404d.jpgth_Scan_Pic0423_zpsc412c476.jpgth_Scan_Pic0420_zps4e2e4417.jpgth_Scan_Pic0421_zpsf47c088c.jpgth_Scan_Pic0409_zpsa6f6fd7a.jpgth_Scan_Pic0410_zps07d767f5.jpg

th_Scan_Pic0418_zps1195ce84.jpgth_Scan_Pic0419_zps97a45606.jpgth_Scan_Pic0416_zps04f8116e.jpgth_Scan_Pic0417_zps3c16e28b.jpgth_Scan_Pic0414_zps63672f3a.jpgth_Scan_Pic0415_zpsd266bf99.jpgth_Scan_Pic0413_zps9f53dc48.jpgth_Scan_Pic0412_zps2eb5a3f0.jpgth_Scan_Pic0411_zpsa675ce42.jpgth_Scan_Pic0406_zps6aa7a392.jpgth_Scan_Pic0407_zpse3376331.jpgth_Scan_Pic0408_zps01a159c7.jpg

And if you want KEY DC Universe UPC box books, how about these two? ^^

Scan_Pic0404_zpsfe19d3b5.jpg

Scan_Pic0431_zps1edf78c9.jpg

Scan_Pic0405_zps929abc9b.jpg

Scan_Pic0406_zps6aa7a392.jpg

The real question is this:

Do you know how and why the "DC Universe" books came to be?

hm

Time to go to school. Better get me some corn first.

:popcorn:

How's about 14 9.4/9.6/9.8 DC Universe UPC books? :devil:

th_Scan_Pic0428_zps2058e902.jpgth_Scan_Pic0429_zps43d3bcdd.jpgth_Scan_Pic0426_zpsd2ec1d88.jpgth_Scan_Pic0427_zps80974488.jpgth_Scan_Pic0424_zpsde2190d5.jpgth_Scan_Pic0425_zps2b7df494.jpgth_Scan_Pic0422_zpsa693404d.jpgth_Scan_Pic0423_zpsc412c476.jpgth_Scan_Pic0420_zps4e2e4417.jpgth_Scan_Pic0421_zpsf47c088c.jpgth_Scan_Pic0409_zpsa6f6fd7a.jpgth_Scan_Pic0410_zps07d767f5.jpg

th_Scan_Pic0418_zps1195ce84.jpgth_Scan_Pic0419_zps97a45606.jpgth_Scan_Pic0416_zps04f8116e.jpgth_Scan_Pic0417_zps3c16e28b.jpgth_Scan_Pic0414_zps63672f3a.jpgth_Scan_Pic0415_zpsd266bf99.jpgth_Scan_Pic0413_zps9f53dc48.jpgth_Scan_Pic0412_zps2eb5a3f0.jpgth_Scan_Pic0411_zpsa675ce42.jpgth_Scan_Pic0406_zps6aa7a392.jpgth_Scan_Pic0407_zpse3376331.jpgth_Scan_Pic0408_zps01a159c7.jpg

And if you want KEY DC Universe UPC box books, how about these two? ^^

Scan_Pic0404_zpsfe19d3b5.jpg

Scan_Pic0431_zps1edf78c9.jpg

Scan_Pic0405_zps929abc9b.jpg

Scan_Pic0406_zps6aa7a392.jpg

I think I can beat that! Pics are not good but it is a sealed two pack.

9F3CA2AF-525B-4711-A253-341E698972FE_zps4bvvvw2x.jpg

C02AFED1-584C-4F18-BAA9-1BA33BB171BD_zpsub5pifut.jpg

Edited by MrWeen

:shrug:

The sealed two-pack should have given the whole DCU thing away.

The books are not direct or newstand editions. They use to put newstand editions in these multipacks but casheirs kept ringing up the single comics and not the UPC for the pack, causing confusion. The DCU upc's were made to fix this issue.

Am I close?

Edited by Silverdream

The sealed two-pack should have given the whole DCU thing away.

The books are not direct or newstand editions. They use to put newstand editions in these multipacks but casheirs kept ringing up the single comics and not the UPC for the pack, causing confusion. The DCU upc's were made to fix this issue.

Am I close?

Close...not quite the whole story...but very close. That was for the Whitman 3-packs from the late 70's. But these are definitely the grandchildren of that program....there's more to it, but you're off to a good start. ;)

If anyone cares these are the DC Universe UPC variants I know of, there are prob more.

Action 695, 696, 698-703, 708, 709, 714

Adventures Superman 508, 511, 512, 514, 516, 525, 526, 528, 537-539

Animaniacs 15, 18

Aquaman 1, 3, 6, 7, 22

Aquaman: Time & Tide 1,2

Azrael 15,16

Batman 503, 506, 508-511, 520, 531, 533, 534

Batman Annual 13

Batman Adventures 33

Batman & Robin Adventures 3, 4, 7

Batman Legends Dark Knight 63

Batman:Shadow Bat 25, 29,48, 49