• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-level panel page valuations by artist/run - thoughts/additions/changes?
5 5

425 posts in this topic

Oops, just saw Mark's qualification. He is talking about percent WITHIN the range, whereas I was talking percent of the HIGH part of the range. I think it's easier to do it the way I'm doing it, as no one is going to memorize these ranges, just where the peak is.

I like it the way I suggest as there is a range on Bs, just as there is on As...actually would remove the +/- 5% instead.

Any way it is done, would be nice to have the spread between A (Top 10%) and D (Bottom)

I am not sure if you feel the %s I floated are too low or too high?

Must be sobering for those getting started

:hi:

Interesting list & a lot of artists/series that I would love to have in the nostalga side my collection, but I'm priced out of most tiers. Even for one piece in the lower tiers I can get several cool Modern covers and splashes.

Good to see a price break-down, especially as it relates to B and lower pages. It gives me a good reference point moving forward.

You know, what's funny is that there was a time when we all sat around and wondered whether anyone would ever cross the 1K barrier, and then the barrier rose and rose. I remember vividly people saying that we can count on one hand the number of people who would spend 10K on a piece of comic OA (covers, even!). Boy have times changed - and rather quickly!

There are no EC artists/pages on the list? Also, no Barks?

Very good point. Where do the Wood, Ingels, Davis, Feldstein, Krigstein panel pages fall ?

I'm not the expert but I think only Wood, Frazetta & possibly Kurtzman will make it into the +3K club for an A interior panel page.

I'd recommend dropping Kubert war/Hawkman one notch also. I just bought a 2X splash in that range, and the best war panel page I can recall seeing went for less than $5k on Clink.

Thank for the feedback however I know of at least a handful of sales (public and private) of A-level Kubert B&B Hawkman pages in the $5-10k range.

Hey Dan, as I mentioned in the thread title, I encourage anyone to provide feedback on any additions or changes.I only included those artists/runs for which I felt I had a semi-good grasp of the market. I am not an EC guy and will leave it up to those that know that market much better than I to chime in with their thoughts. Thanks!

I don't believe it was meant to be an exhaustive list - I mean no Everett Subby either

I did see the Everett Subby GA page in Heritage sell for $86k a while back but hesitated to include it in the list as I don't really know that market. Where would he and his various popular runs fall in the list Mark? Thanks.

I'd recommend dropping Kubert war/Hawkman one notch also. I just bought a 2X splash in that range, and the best war panel page I can recall seeing went for less than $5k on Clink.

Thank for the feedback however I know of at least a handful of sales (public and private) of A-level Kubert B&B Hawkman pages in the $5-10k range.

Sounds good to me, I thought the price on my page was very reasonable. Do you know of any war pages going in this range?

Very good point. Where do the Wood, Ingels, Davis, Feldstein, Krigstein panel pages fall ?

I'm not the expert but I think only Wood, Frazetta & possibly Kurtzman will make it into the +3K club for an A interior panel page.

I wouldn't disregard Ingels, I know of two panel pages that sold for over $3K, one I think on Heritage back in 2010 or 2009 ( can't seem to find it at the moment)

Also this Jack Davis page sold for $3350 in 2010 http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7021&lotNo=92055

And I don't even think it's an A page ( no host )

I wouldn't disregard Ingels, I know of two panel pages that sold for over $3K, one I think on Heritage back in 2010 or 2009 ( can't seem to find it at the moment)

Also this Jack Davis page sold for $3350 in 2010 http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7021&lotNo=92055

Its not a A page, its an A+ page! Hatchet in the head. For Ingels, I'd consider reanimated dead tissue pages to be A+. (choke)

Its not a A page, its an A+ page! Hatchet in the head. For Ingels, I'd consider reanimated dead tissue pages to be A+. (choke)

One's collecting dollar goes so much further with panel pages (relative to covers/splashes) and that seems to be especially true with EC.

One's collecting dollar goes so much further with panel pages (relative to covers/splashes)

That's true, and it's also why I think some of the art on the list is in too high a bracket, as that would imply very compressed ratios vis-a-vis splashes and covers from the same artist/run. 2c

One's collecting dollar goes so much further with panel pages (relative to covers/splashes)

That's true, and it's also why I think some of the art on the list is in too high a bracket, as that would imply very compressed ratios vis-a-vis splashes and covers from the same artist/run. 2c

Not sure about that. In general, an A level splash (assuming it has the character on it, nice image, etc) would likely be 2-3 times the price of an A list panel page, and a cover would be 4 to 5 times the price. A+ splashes and covers would be even higher.

By the way, this was a great idea making this list . It helps us understand artists that we don't really collect. I for one am certainly learning something about some of the other artists and character combinations out there. Let's keep this going. I shudder to think about doing a splash and cover art list, but you know we'll have to take a crack at that at some point.