• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greggy's new CGC auctions!

204 posts in this topic

Loathe, absolutely loathe, "shill bids". If you have an intent to buy then make a freaking bid to buy. But don't jack up the price for ANYONE - even a best friend. We want to know what books are going for? Then cut out the "shill crapola" and let the book stand on its own freaking feet.

I DO get it but will never ever agree to it.

Loath, absolutely loathe, "lack of humor". If you have any intent to post a diatribe, then get some clarification first. But don't just go off on ANYONE - even a fellow boardmember. You want to know what the facts are? Then cut out the "dramaqueen crapola" and realize that not every post need be taken at face value.

POV, dear sweet POV.....I have never entered an authentic shill bid in my life. I bid on three of Greg's items that I want and would pay much higher than the maximum bids I have currently entered.

You DIDN'T get this, so simmer down, and save the outrage for instances of shilling where you actually have some evidence. You think a serious shiller would announce his intent publicly, anyway? makepoint.gif

Shill bids duly entered. thumbsup2.gif
gossip.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifthumbsup2.gif

Loathe, absolutely loathe, "shill bids". If you have an intent to buy then make a freaking bid to buy. But don't jack up the price for ANYONE - even a best friend. We want to know what books are going for? Then cut out the "shill crapola" and let the book stand on its own freaking feet.

Shill bids properly entered!! devil.gif

Some very nice books, so I`ve put a couple of bids in. And yes, POV, they`re "genuine" bids, even though I doubt they`ll be the winning bids. Does that make me a shill bidder of some sort?

Loath, absolutely loathe, "lack of humor". If you have any intent to post a diatribe, then get some clarification first. But don't just go off on ANYONE - even a fellow boardmember. You want to know what the facts are? Then cut out the "dramaqueen crapola" and realize that not every post need be taken at face value.

POV, dear sweet POV.....I have never entered an authentic shill bid in my life. I bid on three of Greg's items that I want and would pay much higher than the maximum bids I have currently entered.

You DIDN'T get this, so simmer down, and save the outrage for instances of shilling where you actually have some evidence. You think a serious shiller would announce his intent publicly, anyway? makepoint.gif

I called my bids shill bids, but should have called then thrill bids, then maybe there would be no problem.

632773-selfbonk1.gif

632773-selfbonk1.gif.30e04d664ca9eb33835dc02ff65401f2.gif

Amen brother! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Amen brother! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Loathe, absolutely loathe, "Amen bretheren". If you have an intent to, bro, then make a freaking bid to bro, bro! But don't jack up the bro for ANYBRO - even a best bro. We want to know what bros are going bro? Then cut out the "bro crapobro" and let the bro stand on its own freaking bros.

I DO get it, bro will never ever agree to bro.

You think a serious shiller would announce his intent publicly, anyway? makepoint.gif

Yes...

I guarantee you some bids on auctions around here are nothing but shill bids with no intent on winning. Do they pay if they win? Probably but the intent wasn't to win when the bid was placed...

Jim

Hi Tim,

Sorry I shill bid that Unknown Soldier up to $25, so you have had to bid multiples of GPA prices!

sorry.gif

893whatthe.gif Damn you to hell, Brad, and all of the other shill bidders driving up the prices for no good reason! But for you and your shill bidding brethren, I`d undoubtedly be able to win this 9.6 book with white pages for just $1!!! tongue.gif

Hi Tim,

Sorry I shill bid that Unknown Soldier up to $25, so you have had to bid multiples of GPA prices!

sorry.gif

893whatthe.gif Damn you to hell, Brad, and all of the other shill bidders driving up the prices for no good reason! But for you and your shill bidding brethren, I`d undoubtedly be able to win this 9.6 book with white pages for just $1!!! tongue.gif

I feel so dirty now... sorry.gif

HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD?!?!?!?!

You laugh and mock the Wizened Old Pov, but we all saw what happened with Ararariaaraich's Mister Miracle auction...

Things just ain't the way they used to be! These little ticky-tacky bids could actually WIN some auctions! frown.gif

HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD?!?!?!?!

You laugh and mock the Wizened Old Pov, but we all saw what happened with Ararariaaraich's Mister Miracle auction...

Things just ain't the way they used to be! These little ticky-tacky bids could actually WIN some auctions! frown.gif

I'd LOVE to win the auctions I bid on. I wouldn't bid on anything I didn't actually want.