• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greggy's new CGC auctions!

204 posts in this topic

HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD?!?!?!?!

You laugh and mock the Wizened Old Pov, but we all saw what happened with Ararariaaraich's Mister Miracle auction...

Things just ain't the way they used to be! These little ticky-tacky bids could actually WIN some auctions! frown.gif

I'd LOVE to win the auctions I bid on. I wouldn't bid on anything I didn't actually want.

Me too... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Not that Greggy LETS me bid on any of his auctions... frown.gif

HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD?!?!?!?!

You laugh and mock the Wizened Old Pov, but we all saw what happened with Ararariaaraich's Mister Miracle auction...

Things just ain't the way they used to be! These little ticky-tacky bids could actually WIN some auctions! frown.gif

I'd LOVE to win the auctions I bid on. I wouldn't bid on anything I didn't actually want.

Me too... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Not that Greggy LETS me bid on any of his auctions... frown.gif

screwy.gif

It sounds as though board members are occasionally winning books inadvertantly throught this activity. That would indicate that book prices are being driven up for winning bidders as well.

I still don't understand if it is clowning around or what. I had been following a couple of these books and may bid on them. This thread probably won't change my mind but it makes me think twice.

Pete

It sounds as though board members are occasionally winning books inadvertantly throught this activity. That would indicate that book prices are being driven up for winning bidders as well.

I still don't understand if it is clowning around or what. I had been following a couple of these books and may bid on them. This thread probably won't change my mind but it makes me think twice.

Pete

So a $15 watch/thrill bid made on the first day would really keep you from bidding on a $100 book?

This is getting silly.

Everyone who bids and doesn't win on an auction is now a shill.

sign-rantpost.gif

I just shilled the Fruitman book...and I don't have any interest at all in winning it..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So don't anybody else bother bidding on it.... insane.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

So a $15 watch/thrill bid made on the first day would really keep you from bidding on a $100 book?

No, of course not. I had concerns based on some of the other posts in this thread that implied final prices are sometimes driven up through this acitivty.

Pete

No, of course not. I had concerns based on some of the other posts in this thread that implied final prices are sometimes driven up through this acitivty.

Pete

Pete, I understand your concerns, but you must understand that the people discussing this are definitely NOT "shillers". In fact, the people involved thus far in this thread are, for the most part, pillars of the community. Beyond that, Greggy wouldn't allow shilling on his auctions.

The very insinuation of such an activity possibly taking place can be EXTREMELY damaging, thus I would ask that you not discuss this here in this thread. Indeed, we have a large number of "shill" discussions in the Comics General forum.

Now, there ARE people out there (on Ebay) that DO shill their auctions on a very regular basis, and indeed, some of those people have been/are (?) forumites... but we are smoking them out on a semi-regular basis and burning them at the stake.

But the people here in this thread are not those people (with the exception of Pov, who is history's greatest monster).

You are right. This is the wrong place to be discussing this.

Sorry Greggy.

Pete

Yes - wish Greggy the best in his auctions. Thrill or shill I still feel the same. But I agree I could have been gentler. Folks here know me as a gentle monster. But this flu refuses to go away, feel like [#@$%!!!] and I think I am becoming addicted to Nyquill and I have reached the point that Afrin is actually blocking my nose.

So hope my apologies for the diatribe are accepted.

But I agree I could have been gentler. Folks here know me as a gentle monster. But this flu refuses to go away, feel like [#@$%!!!] and I think I am becoming addicted to Nyquill and I have reached the point that Afrin is actually blocking my nose.

So hope my apologies for the diatribe are accepted.

I just thought you had burnt your Frozen Pizza.. flamed.gif and took out your frustration here, as you tried to muscle down your Burnt , Olive Oil Enhanced Totinos.

But the Flu can make anyobdy cranky.. so I hope you feel better soon, and you are right , ditch the Afrin.. it will wreck your nose after awhile.

flowerred.gif

Ze-

and I think I am becoming addicted to Nyquill

Pov...take Dayquill...it works the same magic but has no alchohol and doesn't make you drowsy... thumbsup2.gif

Seriously? I want no more of ANYQuill! My insides feel like a combination of a too-sweet candy store, a psychotic's medicine cabinet and my late 60's/early 70's "hangovers".

I have suspended all medication today. Probably will hit the doctor's tomorrow. Have had flus and have had flus but this one is really ridiculous. frown.gif