• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

762 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2020 at 4:19 PM, baslug said:

Well, here you go.  I managed to work on it here and there throughout the work day.  I tried to eliminate any personal identifying information (sorry if I missed any).  I also decided to remove sales price data since I still have several books to sell.  Also, don't hang me... it's a Word document... I never got around to transferring it to Excel... whatever... I'm the only one who's been using it the past 10+ years

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=77278855636627643222

Claimed...? Claimed??

lol

You can confirm slabbed sales through GPA. No need to take my word for it. ;)

738781990_maxx3gpa.thumb.png.87c8a8883baef1729fabc11895fb8d2d.png

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Claimed...? Claimed??

lol

You can confirm slabbed sales through GPA. No need to take my word for it. ;)

738781990_maxx3gpa.thumb.png.87c8a8883baef1729fabc11895fb8d2d.png

yeah... that's a subscription service I don't have access to.  So all I have to go off of is what I come across and what folks type in a forum.  Did I miss a few along the way? yeah, probably.  But even that chart you're showing has some discrepancies.  It looks like the one it shows selling on 5/3/15 was a Yellow #3 by my findings... and I've got record of a couple sales on ebay between 2013 and 2015 which aren't recorded there. (shrug)

1 hour ago, baslug said:

yeah... that's a subscription service I don't have access to.  So all I have to go off of is what I come across and what folks type in a forum.  Did I miss a few along the way? yeah, probably.  But even that chart you're showing has some discrepancies.  It looks like the one it shows selling on 5/3/15 was a Yellow #3 by my findings... and I've got record of a couple sales on ebay between 2013 and 2015 which aren't recorded there. (shrug)

That chart only shows BLACK sales. I have no doubt that the $243 sale is a yellow. But otherwise, that just shows black ashcan slabs sold. Are you saying there are some black ashcan slabs that aren't showing up there? I only have the two recorded slabs sales.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

That chart only shows BLACK sales. I have no doubt that the $243 sale is a yellow. But otherwise, that just shows black ashcan slabs sold. Are you saying there are some black ashcan slabs that aren't showing up there? I only have the two recorded slabs sales.

I'm saying that chart can't be showing just black ashcan slabs... because there's a yellow sale on there. 

The only other black #3 slab sale I saw was in 2014 when spreads sold his set of all three black ashcans on ebay for $2800... and that's not showing up on your chart.  

Also, is the one on your chart dated 02/2013 an actual sale?  I know you listed yours around then for $2099.95, but if it sold in 2013, how could the same book sell again in 2015 for $1750? 

I don't trust your chart. 

3 minutes ago, baslug said:

I'm saying that chart can't be showing just black ashcan slabs... because there's a yellow sale on there. 

Not having or being familiar with GPA, I can understand your confusion. Yes, there's a yellow sale on there, by mistake. But it is the BLACK ashcan listing ONLY, nonetheless. Here's the rest of the information:

1998483569_maxx3ashcangpa.thumb.png.d6de15bb4318af020fd6209e4d3bc7e3.png

Notice, there are three separate listings: blue, red, and black. No yellow slab has been sold, at least not in a way that GPA would record.

9 minutes ago, baslug said:

The only other black #3 slab sale I saw was in 2014 when spreads sold his set of all three black ashcans on ebay for $2800... and that's not showing up on your chart.  

That's because GPA only records SINGLE sales of slabs. Since there's no way to separate out what part of a group sale goes to what, obviously GPA can't record those.

10 minutes ago, baslug said:

Also, is the one on your chart dated 02/2013 an actual sale?  I know you listed yours around then for $2099.95, but if it sold in 2013, how could the same book sell again in 2015 for $1750? 

It's not an actual sale. Someone on eBay was having fun, and "bought" all my books because they were pissy that I returned a book to them. I've since rectified that, but all the sales data from that date is, unfortunately, invalid. One of the pitfalls of GPA. Of course, it's also possible (and happens quite frequently) that the same book is sold by multiple parties, and those sales are both legitimate and reported on eBay. And, I could easily have sold the copy in 2013, bought it back from the seller outside of eBay, at some later date, and sold it again in 2015. It does happen.

12 minutes ago, baslug said:

I don't trust your chart. 

Understandable, but A. it's not my chart, it's GPA's, and B. these sorts of things are only a problem for very low transaction rates. The info for, say, ASM #129 is going to be much more accurate. A single mistake on a book that has sold once ever is going to have a much bigger impact.

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

It's not an actual sale. Someone on eBay was having fun, and "bought" all my books because they were pissy that I returned a book to them. I've since rectified that, but all the sales data from that date is, unfortunately, invalid. One of the pitfalls of GPA.

it's not my chart, it's GPA's,

Thanks for the explanation.  Sounds like a mess.  Only reason I called it “your chart” is bc it’s the one you posted as evidence of a sale I called rumored...even though it also included a “sale” that you know is invalid, but the rest of GPA membership doesn’t know the pissy backstory.