• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

762 posts in this topic

I saw the blue ashcan #2 on obay for $400 No wonder nobody buys these from ebay, these ppl think they can charge 10x what it is worth a beat up blue #1 is on right now for $119! Hahaha i dont think I would pay $20 for it. I offered someone on here $175 for a red #1 he told me he wanted $350 i laughed it was in fair shape rough no slab, i saw he sold it $140 on ebay . Ppl get to greedy with these, like I said before they are very rare but there is a very small demand. I would pay $300-$3000 for a black or yellow but not red or blue. I dont know where these ppl got these outrageous prices but be ready to hold those for a few years or forever because the blue and reds will never be worth $300 a piece. 

6 hours ago, Jimmyj1 said:

I saw the blue ashcan #2 on obay for $400 No wonder nobody buys these from ebay

Poop on eBay. I know the seller, so I don't need them. It was removed from eBay because I bought it.

I dont know where these ppl got these outrageous prices but be ready to hold those for a few years or forever because the blue and reds will never be worth $300 a piece. 

Well, that is what collectors do, but thanks for your concern. It isn't going anywhere, though.

Some collectors love an item and are fine paying a premium to get it right now. Not sorry.

Some people want an item because they hope to get more for it later. Your last comment suggests you're in this camp. No problem.

I have the book and the seller has some money. Win, win. I hope you guys are able to get your copies for a price you can accept if they come up. 

I'm gonna nickname my copy "Nachos".

Edited by MR SigS

1 minute ago, manetteska said:

A lot of sore Sallys in this thread.

In all of these cases it appears someone complains a price is too high and instead of negotiating is offended and loses the item to another buyer who offers a fair price for both parties.

Spot on

5 minutes ago, MR SigS said:

I forgot to post my other Sam Sigs, (and a non-Copper Buzz) :tonofbricks:

WCH3bWE.jpg

i8N99RW.jpg

KOKz3IT.jpg

Getting that #1 was one of the best experiences I've had in this hobby. Glad it's in good hands

I absolutely tried to offer a reasonable amount for the books but honestly greed is a ugly thing I was more then willing  to pay $200 for the book but i was told it was going under $300 that was the fair price i have the email so dont demonize me for not being willing to pay 5xs the actual value i am not rich i am a faithful follower of sam keith if i was rich i would not care but i work hard for my money and think $200 was more than fair sorry if you do not agree but this is a very niche small comic with barely any worth except to us true fans and like i said i am not rich and work hard

3 minutes ago, Jimmyj1 said:

I absolutely tried to offer a reasonable amount for the books but honestly greed is a ugly thing I was more then willing  to pay $200 for the book but i was told it was going under $300 that was the fair price i have the email so dont demonize me for not being willing to pay 5xs the actual value i am not rich i am a faithful follower of sam keith if i was rich i would not care but i work hard for my money and think $200 was more than fair sorry if you do not agree but this is a very niche small comic with barely any worth except to us true fans and like i said i am not rich and work hard

You're gonna bust a nut with some books that are going to come available 

Hey all! New on the forum, haven't been in the comics scene since... well, 20+ years! I was a big Kieth fan, especially the Maxx, I have the whole series plus a few related issues and trading cards... I unboxed my collection a few days ago and look what I've found. :)

maxx2.thumb.jpg.270d8d6e433c915e655f114a21bd22e5.jpg

Totally forgot about them, in fact I didn't even know they could have some value - neither did everything else from this era. Are all ashcans so badly assembled? It seems my Blue pages aren't trimmed flush at all, looks more like a bootleg product than a legit one. :nyah: