• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

762 posts in this topic

I've been buying quite a few Maxx books recently. Just odd timing from multiple parties. It's tough to find some of these books in high grade. And not just the 30s. All of the black doesn't help.

I have to give Keith props. The guy promoted a lot of fan art in his books. And all of the fan letters, stories, etc. He really did give a damn about the people that supported him.

Pat

I've started a few Maxx appreciation threads. Sometimes they make it to a second page.

Here's one of my jewels.

Another excellent Julie sketch, this one of the Jungle Queen. I love how Sam Kieth proportions his women. Love those hips and thighs :D

I've been buying quite a few Maxx books recently. Just odd timing from multiple parties. It's tough to find some of these books in high grade. And not just the 30s. All of the black doesn't help.

I have to give Keith props. The guy promoted a lot of fan art in his books. And all of the fan letters, stories, etc. He really did give a damn about the people that supported him.

Pat

So very true. He is one of the great ones, just wish he'd get out and about a bit more lol

That Maxx #3 yellow ashcan is the money shot! (thumbs u

Thanks whetton. I really didn't realize how lucky I was to get this. Even though it's not in the best shape, it is one of my prized possessions. I would love to get a sketch done w/sig on this one...someday maybe

I love my raw 1/2 signed by Kieth and the fact that in PGM it rated around a 9.8 but I love this one even more even though its a 9.6.

IMG_20140115_172844.jpg

Can't beat gold...unless you have blue or red lol

Thanks to the boardie who sold it to me :)

Edited by MetalPSI