• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

762 posts in this topic

Saw this for the first time in person at WW STL last weekend and had to grab it.

MaxxAsh687fc90_zps7eebc99f.jpg

Photobucket (and most image sharing sites) are blocked at my camp. What is it?

Maxx #1 Blue Ashcan, #687.

:hi:

Thanks Rock!

First one I'd seen in the wild and I was pressured by the salesperson to get it. Happy I did.

Welcome to the 90's. You should check out the Harry Potter books and Matchbox 20 is putting out a really great sound, too! Don't forget to catch Ally McBeal on Tuesday night!!!

Welcome to the 90's. You should check out the Harry Potter books and Matchbox 20 is putting out a really great sound, too! Don't forget to catch Ally McBeal on Tuesday night!!!

**FROM THE FUTURE*** Is that the show with Harrison Ford's wife?

I was in the bidding for those beauties :)

I had them on watch. I was scared to bid due to seller. I just saw them so low, I had to bid and take a risk. It made me feel better when he contacted me as soon as auction ended. I was still a little concern until they actually arrived to my house though.

You see why they sold low (at least in my opinion they did), 0 feedback, and seller described them as F-NM. That's a huge grading range, who does that? lol

I was in the bidding for those beauties :)

I had them on watch. I was scared to bid due to seller. I just saw them so low, I had to bid and take a risk. It made me feel better when he contacted me as soon as auction ended. I was still a little concern until they actually arrived to my house though.

You see why they sold low (at least in my opinion they did), 0 feedback, and seller described them as F-NM. That's a huge grading range, who does that? lol

I bid the #3 up, I see you increased your bid on it near the end but I wasn't going any higher than that. Was the seller a member on the boards here, the name definitely seems familiar.... hm

I would like to take the time to praise the boardie who sold this to me. It has the best possible home :cloud9:

IMG_20140324_170237_zps6f34ad6e.jpg

That was part of my hoard at one time.

I don't think I sold it to you, though....

Forgot I had one of these. I got it from RMA in a fund raising drive here on the boards, if I remember correctly.

Very awesome thread i stumbled upon here... i ended up getting rid of a few of my maxx books about a month or so ago, however i ended up keeping my maxx # 1 and the Maxx 1/2 from wizard.

while i love Sam Keith's art work and i did enjoy the Maxx the comic and cartoon, these comics aren't valued at much and can be easily obtained.

just tons and tons of them out there. the "collectible" ones are the last 5-10 or so issues of the title as they were not printed in huge numbers and these limited ones you've seen here.

i enjoyed the comic although at some point it felt like it got too confusing and weird, but i still liked it visually. sort of sad that even the darker image 1s are in the 50 cent box, but those had a huge print run too.

HaydenTO... I've got to give you a shout out, and a proper applause. It is not an easy road, and you nailed it.

I need one more to join you (though still need to grade several)... But I will get there :)

Congrats my friend!

HaydenTO... I've got to give you a shout out, and a proper applause. It is not an easy road, and you nailed it.

I need one more to join you (though still need to grade several)... But I will get there :)

Congrats my friend!

I'm glad he was able to make a deal for the #3 black that was consigned to Lonestar (I'm assuming here, but it's a pretty reasonable assumption.)

I doubt we'll ever know what happened to the vast majority of the ashcans. I suspect they were tossed.

How very, very sad.

The only ones I need are the #3 yellow and #1 Black. Those are the only ones I've never owned.