• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

767 posts in this topic

I picked up a Maxx 1/2 Gold in the blue portfolio they came in off of ebay.

When it arrived, it was a little dusty and I practically had to use a blow torch and chainsaw to get the book out...

Came back Universal 9.8 =D

Now for Mr. Kieth to do another signing with CGC present!

Edited by TXReplicant

cans_zpsyy347a3b.jpg

Recently got a submission of ashcans back from CGC...

Finally get a chance to post my yellows and blacks up....

Black ashcans purchased from Spreads last year(finally had #1 graded!)

Yellow #1 I purchased from TXReplicant...

Yelow #3 I found in the wild and submitted recently...

also posted in http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8653947#Post8653947 Maxx #3 Research

Edited by Snikt!1988

So this is it.

Anyone with a line to the red 1/2 get a hold of me and make some mad money....

This ones out there somewhere. I think I owned it at one point years ago. I know I had the 9.8 Blue foil SS.

And for a few brief shining moments, it was "mine."

I would like to start out by thanking everyone who has helped with my maxx collection so far and those continuing to help.

I am still looking for high grade issues to submit before the mighty Kieth to be signed. So far my OO collection is in decent enough shape, but issues like 5, 14, 18, 19 and 33 are becoming a nightmare to find in good condition.

As many of you know, those black covers are the worst. 19 seems to have a lot of problems with rubbing for some reason.

Anyways, I still do not have a full run, and if anyone else is looking for issues I have a few multiples.

Don't have any of those numbers, but I think there might be a few new blood.

I will probably end up getting both Variant's and the entire run one day. They've already got an artist print HC out for the series. Too rich for my blood

I suppose I should update that I was able to get a high grade run. Looking forward to getting it signed and submitted. Then my 1st stage of the collection will be complete.

:facepalm:

Guess this really is the modern era. I'm going to let all that cool for about a decade, then maybe pick things up here and there. Hope people keep them in good shape lol

Didn't go back thru the entire thread (so maybe someone has already said something about it)...what do you guys know about Comic Talk #1? Is that a book people look for? Thanks in advance.