• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

762 posts in this topic

Anyone collect the newsstand editions of the first Maxx run? This is the only one I've come across myself, although I have seen a #1 for sale on eBay. My LCS never bothered with newsstands unless people asked for them.

20161107_153908.jpg

3 hours ago, MetalPSI™ said:

Nice. I see yours doesn't have  a sticker as well. I am wondering if after time the glue dries and the stickers flake off

What sticker? (shrug)

In reading the label, it sounds like not all copies had the sticker. There isn't any glue residue on the cover.

Edited by AGGIEZ

Untrue. All copies had stickers, they dry up and flake off or fall off with handling. I thought that some were produced without, but I actually found mine in the bag I bought it in. Who knows why there isn't residue, probably the type of glue that was used, obviously wasn't very secure

On 4/8/2017 at 7:25 PM, MetalPSI™ said:

Untrue. All copies had stickers, they dry up and flake off or fall off with handling. I thought that some were produced without, but I actually found mine in the bag I bought it in. Who knows why there isn't residue, probably the type of glue that was used, obviously wasn't very secure

Not all copies had stickers.

To clear up a few things.

Darker Image #1 is the 1st appearance  of Maxx if you didn't know. 

From what I was told over 10 years ago that the Darker Image Ashcan distributed at conventions or comic cons had the sticker and direct marketing had no sticker sent to lcs (excess copies).

Edited by Juggernaut

14 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

To clear up a few things.

Darker Image #1 is the 1st appearance  of Maxx if you didn't know. 

From what I was told over 10 years ago that the Darker Image Ashcan distributed at conventions or comic cons had the sticker and direct marketing had no sticker sent to lcs (excess copies).

That's my experience as well - I picked up a batch of 10 copies 5-6 years ago from a store that was going out of business and none of them had stickers.

22 hours ago, mschmidt said:

That's my experience as well - I picked up a batch of 10 copies 5-6 years ago from a store that was going out of business and none of them had stickers.

Anyone know the printing # on the ashcan?

Hi guys

I found some of my old comics , I've got a red ashcan that looks in good condition never been used although some ink is smudged any idea on value ? Much appreciated:)

20170505_234044.jpg

Edited by Kingdonkey

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

That's unfortunate. I hope he wasn't personally upset by peoples' comments.

Who knows. Hes not exactly Mr.Social to begin with. I didn't ever see any negative comments, so I doubt that was the cause. I do miss the comments, the blog feels alot less personal now. Even If you wanted to commission him to do some art, he has no advertised way of reaching him.