• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

762 posts in this topic

Nice books!  The ashcans seem to suffer from scuffs marks on the cover (fairly common), to poorly-aligned pages (very common in which CGC doesn't penalize you for), and spine dents because of the heavy cardstock cover.  

Thanks! Good to know, I wasn't sure if it could hurt the value. The backs also have ink spots/smudges, they were probably piled up right after signature/numbering. (shrug) Up until a few days ago, I wasn't even aware of the differents colors/numbers combinations... I was sure all #1s were blue, #2s yellow, etc. Didn't even know up to which issue there was.

Those are probably the most "desirable"/"valuable" comics I still own (across all titles). I have other good pieces: I once attended a ComicCon in Montreal where Sam Kieth met fans and signed art, and got a few issues and trading cards signed (Maxx #1 to #19, 1/2, #1 GITD, Darker Image #1, among others). I place the date around 1995 because that's when #19 was published.

Sadly I was a super shy teen and had pretty basic English skills at the time (I'm French Canadian), so we couldn't quite talk... But I remember him as a very humble and simple person.

22 minutes ago, spreads said:

Just got this beaut!  

IMG_8007.jpg

Was that the one on MCS?

Edit : No

Nice find:)

Edited by Dr. Dank

My collection so far i had a few others in bad shape so i sold them for blue #2 and the guy or girl who bought the red #1 on ebay contacted me and sold it for the $200 im happy i finally have a good start to the full set. 

On 4/11/2021 at 2:05 AM, jdandns said:

Here's a vintage poster (24x36) and a Mini-portfolio with 2 of the 6 plates shown.

maxxport.jpg

I also have a Portfolio. Sadly the enveloppe is creased/stained on a side. I don't know the actual condition of what's inside, don't want to mess up the seal. lol

3 hours ago, Oddball said:

I wish they would remaster the animated series for an HD release. 

I wish they wouldn't have rushed it and did the whole series

17 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Maybe that’s the goal with Channing Tatums Maxx project if they make it a series.

Would be awesome to see. Just better not make it live action, like the Tick.

What a disaster and disappointment