• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Griff's Don Winslow Journal by Saum02

89 posts in this topic

Sometimes I have to wonder what the heck people are thinking.

I won this little diddy on Ebay yesterday for a whopping 10 bucks.

28ic1l1.jpg

Now that's what I would pay for an ungraded reader copy of this issue

"which this one will eventually become". But here is were I get all confused

When I bought the book it was mislabeled on EBAY as

Don Wilson of the Navy #19

So I wonder

1: if your going to take the time to list a item on ebay "he even denoted the cracked slab" why would you not take the time to list the title correctly.

2: why would someone spend the cash to slab a book only worth 10 bucks, its not like that book is ever going to appreciate in value

Oh well it will be a nice place holder till I can replace it :)

A couple new books arrived today from our Boardie Catrick

First is this reader #70 from Charlton. I haven't gotten to read any of the

Charlton books yet some I'm pretty excited :)

9BfZEQI.jpg

Next up is this pretty copy of #45. Its deff a keeper and I grade it out about 8.0

Xzelgr5.jpg

It's Been a banner week here, I picked up a few Don Winslow books with Christmas money "see below". managed to break into the top 2000 on the registry and broke 1,000 posts :)

"Do I officially Qualify as a golden Age Collector now?"

Got this one for nothing on Pedigreecomics. man those guys are packing fools. it took me 10 mins to un pack it !

1133527012.jpg

These 2 came from Walclark :)

2rw6m2p.jpg

1zdrzhu.jpg

So today is a special day for me. I sold off the last of my Silver Age and Modern slabs.

I'm down to only Golden age books now. I still have a ton of silver age x-men to unload but that shouldn't be to hard.

I was sad to see the slabs leave "and really sad to see my registry total tank"

but I figure if you going to call yourself a Golden age collector you have to step up to the plate.

~Griff

I decided to try my hand at video uploading books from my collection. don't be to hard on me while I figure out the format I want to use.

I was debating talking about the background stories of the books, the grades of the books and the story in the books. I decided to try a little bit of each type. I figured that way I can get a feel for what I am best at describing and what folks want to hear more about.

first up is my church copy of FCC #449

this one I focused more on the grade than anything else

I liked the video Griff... I'm sure it'll be a while before I get my 1st Church book.

Very nice!

And great new pickups on the DWoTN collection. I love that #47!

I do have to find a replacement for the #4 that I sold last year (the miswrap was killing me!)

So if you have any leads... :whistle:

here is my attempt at talking about a pedigree. not a great representation of how cool the pedigree is. I may redou this and get with Miracle Met to help me with the write up

Yes! Definately get some input from MM.

Nice Okajima and nice short but informative video!

(And any #4 from a 6.0 up will do but I would like it to be nicely centered... thanks, Griff!)

I never posted my other birthday presents. so here they are :)

My sister sent me this sign for my man cave

2007900.jpg

My friend Kevin did this wood burning of one of my favorite comic covers Suspense comics #3

fubek6.jpg