• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9 Indie Comics That Would Be Great TV Shows

40 posts in this topic

I love Saga and all, but I don't think it will ever be a TV show.

You'd have to dump a ton of money into it. [/quote

There is too much content for it to be a movie, maybe a trilogy.

HBO could probably pull it off as a TV series.

Scalped would be fantastic, and wouldn't be terribly expensive. I am surprised it hasn't been optioned. Seems perfect for AMC or HBO.

It's a tough one to pull off, with a predominantly Native American cast. Outside of sitcoms, not too many non-white cast shows have ever aired on TV. Of the ones that have, have any actually found a large enough audience to succeed?

Would be great if a network would take a chance here, though.

100 Bullets

Morning Glories

ToT would too, but I couldn't stick with the comic. It felt like it was being written TOO much for TV as I was reading it.

EoW and Saga IMO are best kept as comics. I just don't see them translating well. Unless you wanted to go animated. I think EoW would make a sweet Anime.

Scalped would be fantastic, and wouldn't be terribly expensive. I am surprised it hasn't been optioned. Seems perfect for AMC or HBO.

It's a tough one to pull off, with a predominantly Native American cast. Outside of sitcoms, not too many non-white cast shows have ever aired on TV. Of the ones that have, have any actually found a large enough audience to succeed?

Would be great if a network would take a chance here, though.

Sadly, I agree. Closest thing that comes to mind would be the Shield (predominantly Mexican-American cast), and the tone of the subject matter is very similar. Same with the Wire. Unfortunately, for some reason, stories about Native Americans seem to turn off most viewers. I would argue that they are the truest minority in America today.

I love Saga and all, but I don't think it will ever be a TV show.

You'd have to dump a ton of money into it. [/quote

There is too much content for it to be a movie, maybe a trilogy.

HBO could probably pull it off as a TV series.

I agree. HBO can probably do it as a TV show . I'll even take Netflix. lol

The thing is with saga the world is so massive . Special effects will eat up alot of the budget.Maybe down the line in like 30 years , costs will not be as big of an issue.

Bedlam (HBO, I want ALL of the language and violence)

Sheltered

Ten Grand

Scalped

Sex Criminals

while these next 2 aren't "indies", the right people could do something interesting with them:

Omega The Unknown , Lethem / Dalrymple's reboot

Foolkiller, Marvel MAX version. Extreme violence at its best

East of West ( HBO or Showtime)

Saga ( many possibilities but best on HBO or Showtime )

Manifest Destiny (many options for this)

Letter 44 ( I would love to see this.)

Ballistic ( movie over TV but would be lots of fun )

Rat Queens ( I would pay to see this )

Todd The Ugliest Kid ( already happening )

Five Ghosts ( pay channels )

I learned something reading this article. I always considered Vertigo to be part of the big 2 and not indies but this writer doesn't . Do you guys consider DC Vertigo and Marvel Max indies ?