• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Appreciation/ Club Thread
12 12

1,166 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, jdennis3 said:

Got this in this week, but going to end up selling I think to pursue other interest at this time.

ASM300.jpg

Those are sweet Sig placements!! Congrats :)

Oh and do what makes you happy, whoever ends up with it will be glad too!

12 minutes ago, Carl Elvis said:

Venom trailer is out...it’s not going to do this book any favors.

Why? It looks as interchangeable as any other comic book movie trailer. It’ll do gangbusters. Producers be happy, movie goers be happy, flippers and speculators be happy. I never look at these trailers unless I’m really bored at work, which I currently am. 

But don’t listen to me, I think a good movie is The Bridge on the River Kwai 

Edited by NoMan

42 minutes ago, Carl Elvis said:

Venom trailer is out...it’s not going to do this book any favors.

Before the trailer, the book was associated with an upcoming movie which hasn't let us see Venom yet.

After the trailer, the book is associated with an upcoming movie which hasn't let us see Venom yet.

What changed? (shrug)

37 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Before the trailer, the book was associated with an upcoming movie which hasn't let us see Venom yet.

After the trailer, the book is associated with an upcoming movie which hasn't let us see Venom yet.

What changed? (shrug)

Nothing, but a temporary price drop to $500 for CGC 9.8s would be appreciated by all of us here. :wishluck:

12 minutes ago, kimik said:
51 minutes ago, valiantman said:

What changed? (shrug)

Nothing, but a temporary price drop to $500 for CGC 9.8s would be appreciated by all of us here. :wishluck:

Agreed!  Who's selling? :takeit:

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:56 AM, mosconi said:

Recent pick-up for my Spidey collection...

asm #300 venom394.jpg

Posted this one a little while back.  Was curious if any other people like or prefer #300 as a Newsstand version? 

aaasm 300 frt #2518.jpg

Edited by mosconi

43 minutes ago, mosconi said:

Posted this one a little while back.  Was curious if any other people like or prefer #300 as a Newsstand version? 

aaasm 300 frt #2518.jpg

:gossip: I do but at the same price as non-newsstand 

24 minutes ago, DST said:

I prefer the newsstand as well (ASM300 Newsstand is actually my favorite book:cloud9:).  

I tend to prefer newsstands with the copper and early modern books in my personal collection as you can see below.

355172D9-530B-49F7-A81C-AEE60C759D0A.jpeg

Beautiful books Dave!!:golfclap: 

On 2/26/2018 at 2:32 PM, Avi said:

Does anyone know where I can find pricing data for the news stand version? I didnt notice any line items in GPA specifically for news stand.

Nope - they haven't broken the sales records out, and if you listen to some people around here, there's no difference in price.

(But that's because they don't have any newsstands and they don't like the fact that their direct editions are 2nd best, claiming the harder-to-find bar code is ugly vs. the generic black spidey head that's on most copies.)

I've always liked this book, even though when it first came out, I was long out of comics.  Really amazed at the popularity and the going prices considering there were so many copies printed and at a time when so many people were conscious of saving comics as potential investments.