• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Appreciation/ Club Thread
12 12

1,166 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, MetaHuman said:

Here's my entry to the club. I got these back yesterday from CGC. I bought these 2 at my LCS when the book came out and I'm just thrilled one of them came back as a 9.8.  :banana:

20181115_215313.jpg

Impressive!! 

I just picked up this copy on auction in Japan for a decent price.  The seller had been trying for months to sell it and slowly kept lowering the price.  He only had one pic and no description with a few bad nicks in his feedback.  I was cautious, but I took a gamble and it turns out to be a nice high grade copy!

ASM300.jpg

IMG_1639.JPG

IMG_1638.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

IMG_1637.JPG

Edited by BanjerD

16 minutes ago, BanjerD said:

I just picked up this copy on auction in Japan for a decent price.  The seller had been trying for months to sell it and slowly kept lowering the price.  He only had one pic and no description with a few bad nicks in his feedback.  I was cautious, but I took a gamble and it turns out to be a nice high grade copy!

ASM300.jpg

Glad it worked out, that's a nice looking copy  :)

You know, this is a funny hobby and just when you thought you'd seen it all, something surprises you.  For instance, a buddy of mine was bidding on the recent ASM 300 CGC 9.8 sig series, signed by Todd & Stan.  He thought that he placed a decent bid, but apparently not, because the comic sold for $4,800

Anyone else come across a sale at this price level for this book?

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:10 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

You know, this is a funny hobby and just when you thought you'd seen it all, something surprises you.  For instance, a buddy of mine was bidding on the recent ASM 300 CGC 9.8 sig series, signed by Todd & Stan.  He thought that he placed a decent bid, but apparently not, because the comic sold for $4,800

Anyone else come across a sale at this price level for this book?

I'm selling mine for $10Klol.

Seems a little excessive but I don't fault anybody on how they spend their money.  What's his definition of "decent"?

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

3.6 or 3.7K before the juice

That is decent(thumbsu.

But the number of ASM 300 9.8 with the Stan Lee signature is now finite.  So obviously the collectors out there are willing to spend ridiculous amounts.

I've had several offers for my copy with x3 sigs in the $4K to $5K range.  So seeing the x2 sig sell for $4,800 wasn't totally shocking.

19 hours ago, Toombs said:

I love this book.  At one point I used to have 5 copies all in nice high grade!  Love the story too! Great book! PS: I am new here and I love this place! :)

Welcome to the boards :) 1st post since 2014! Don't be a stranger :headbang: 

On 1/26/2019 at 12:12 AM, migmtl76 said:

This eBay seller burnt his membership pretty good and is selling it :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-300-1st-Appearance-Origin-of-Venom-McFarlane1988-TRASHED/254094053038

I laughed pretty hard.

Some folk are actually bidding LOL

trashed_ASM_300.jpg

That's awesome... I never looked at the bottom of GPA for this issue until now...

( 0.5 )  Sgnt series/Incomplete/Signed by Lee/McFarlane  (1) $230    -    -    -   $230  Apr-2017

59 minutes ago, Schmakt said:

That's awesome... I never looked at the bottom of GPA for this issue until now...

( 0.5 )  Sgnt series/Incomplete/Signed by Lee/McFarlane  (1) $230    -    -    -   $230  Apr-2017

No way somebody spent $230 for wet toilet paperlol.

***Update: Looking at the auction right now...somebody IS actually going to spend $$$ for wet toilet paperO.o

On 1/26/2019 at 12:12 AM, migmtl76 said:

This eBay seller burnt his membership pretty good and is selling it :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-300-1st-Appearance-Origin-of-Venom-McFarlane1988-TRASHED/254094053038

I laughed pretty hard.

Some folk are actually bidding LOL

trashed_ASM_300.jpg

Makes me feel a lot better about my lowly 8.5. Lol that thing is fugly they could rip the cover off at least and maybe have it present a little better as cover less.

Edited by jason4

I have an ASM direct 9.6. Given that this is the most graded comic in the CGC census and there are likely still 100,000+ issues out there, from a purely speculative standpoint, should I sell it on ebay for around $775, and use that money to buy SAGA 1 and Into the Spider-Verse #2 CGC 9.8? or spend another $150 and get Invincible #1 CGC 9.8? I can't imagine ASM 300 holding its value over the long term. 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:50 PM, SBRobin said:

I have an ASM direct 9.6. Given that this is the most graded comic in the CGC census and there are likely still 100,000+ issues out there, from a purely speculative standpoint, should I sell it on ebay for around $775, and use that money to buy SAGA 1 and Into the Spider-Verse #2 CGC 9.8? or spend another $150 and get Invincible #1 CGC 9.8? I can't imagine ASM 300 holding its value over the long term. 

Don't underestimate the popularity of Venom. +McFalane. But you should buy what YOU like. If SAGA is your jam then go for it.