• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Appreciation/ Club Thread
12 12

1,166 posts in this topic

I

On 2/3/2019 at 4:50 PM, SBRobin said:

I have an ASM direct 9.6. Given that this is the most graded comic in the CGC census and there are likely still 100,000+ issues out there, from a purely speculative standpoint, should I sell it on ebay for around $775, and use that money to buy SAGA 1 and Into the Spider-Verse #2 CGC 9.8? or spend another $150 and get Invincible #1 CGC 9.8? I can't imagine ASM 300 holding its value over the long term. 

I would keep the ASM #300... Its has a lot going for it.. Spider-Man & Venom are very popular characters.. key issue.. classic cover.. Todd McFarlane

11 hours ago, john fucsalot said:

I would keep the ASM #300... Its has a lot going for it.. Spider-Man & Venom are very popular characters.. key issue.. classic cover.. Todd McFarlane

Thanks. Based on the replies, I'm going to hold onto it and might sell my original issue 300 6.5 newsstand edition and see what I can get for it. I hate selling it since that's the copy I bought at the store. It's too bad it's not in better condition. 

Edited by SBRobin

22 hours ago, SBRobin said:

Thanks. Based on the replies, I'm going to hold onto it and might sell my original issue 300 6.5 newsstand edition and see what I can get for it. I hate selling it since that's the copy I bought at the store. It's too bad it's not in better condition. 

I hear you on this. I'd like to upgrade my copy, but I hate to part with the one I've had for decades

Why do so many people have Romita Sr sign this book? I have checked all over the databases and he doesn't appear to have had anything to do with it. I realize he was a popular illustrator on silver age spideys, but he's not a creator and I don't get why he is added to this book so often. 

16 minutes ago, JWKyle said:

I bought this years ago from Ed Roberts it went from a CGC 9.6 to a CBCS 9.0 to a CGC 9.2 where it's going to stay at. (:

Amazing Spider-Man 300A.jpg

Errrrr, what? Sounds like a story. 

Just now, Spidey 62 said:

Errrrr, what? Sounds like a story. 

No not much of a story it was a 9.2/9.4 book in a 9.6 slab and i got it for a super fair price at the time. When CGC had the creep engine slab I started transferring everything over to CBCS because CGC was evil ( I over reacted) I realized although CBCS could grade the hell out of a book and their  grading was usually even tighter then CGC on average. The slab could be opened with a 25 cent bottle opener and the well and label were open to whatever shenanigans someone wanted to pull and could be closed back up without knowing it had been tampered with. So I came back to CGC and this book is what it is a 9.2/9.4 book in a 9.2 slab.

13 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I just added this to my collection. I got it from a fellow user here, @sirwesker. I'm very happy with the book and the price I paid for it.

Joe

ASM300.jpg

awesome!! i'm currently waiting on one as well :foryou: looks great :) 

I guess I never posted this one I picked up a couple of months ago from the LCS. My original copy is long gone. When I was in middle school I traded my ASM 298 for a friend's 300. He loved McFarlane and wanted to own his first Spidey art, and I just wanted a new book to read, so we did the trade. I ultimately came out better on that deal, but back in the day the price difference wasn't as large.. Wish i'd held onto that one, for nostalgia's sake.

At any rate, decent newsstand copy. Not sure if I'll bother with slabbing it though. Maybe one day. Until then, content to have it as is.

Photo Mar 22, 1 56 12 PM.jpg