• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Appreciation/ Club Thread
12 12

1,166 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, justin said:

Very cool case. Where can I find something like that?

It is a BCW Silver Age UV Protected Showcase, link below.

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/comic-book-showcase-silver-uv

I like these cases a lot. Pros and cons with everything though.

I use the BCW Silver Age Showcases with UV protection for my current sized books because the showcases are intended to be used without a bag and board but leave just a little bit of room for the book to shift in the case and that shifting will lead to damage to the books. 

Using the silver age showcase instead of the current size showcase allows me to use a bag and trimmed board  supplying a nice snug fit without movement.

The biggest pro on these cases is the $10 price point. BCW has quality products in general, imo.

34 minutes ago, TXReplicant said:

Look what arrived with the mail today! My first copy of #300. A little scuffed inside the case in the center.

I was 10 years old when Venom: Lethal Protector 1 was released. Let me tell you, that cover was epic to a 10 year old! As a result, had to bag a first app.

ASM #300.jpg

Scuffs? On the mylar of the case? There were reports of such way back when....

Glad you procured a copy! Such memories :x

One thing I have always been curious about is the ratio of copies with a regular smooth cut right edge versus the manufacturing defect of the ragged right edge. I have 5 copies of the book myself. 2 were original copies I bought from my LCS in Canada and they both had the ragged edge. Of my other 3 copies, 1 has the ragged edge and 2 have a smooth cut edge. I remember going through the bins of local Toronto shops and at shows and not being able to find a smooth cut right edge. I bought 2 copies from the U.S. off eBay back in the early 2000's and I suspect those were the 2 with the smooth edges, but I can't remember. CGC doesn't detract for the defect since the 2 copies I bought from my LCS came back 9.8 and 9.6.

What are other owners' experiences with the book? Did Canada get screwed with the manufacturing defect?