• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Appreciation/ Club Thread
12 12

1,166 posts in this topic

On 4/18/2017 at 8:23 AM, Define999 said:

Its done! Spiderman 300 foreign set complete. Every non-American Spiderman 300 that was created on the planet now resides in my collection. At least known.... there is always a chance in this niche that a new book will pop up. But, this is it as far as known 300's. 

American, Spanish, Italian, Mexican, Sweden, Poland, Greek, Dutch, Finnish, French, Danish, Filipino, Norwegian, and finally the Hungarian. This set is 1 of 3 known to to exist in a complete state as far as the foriegns go. Very happy to be done…..

33735289260_ea17b74e2c_o.jpg

33962940882_778d81d002_o.jpg

Wow! That is quite a unique and incredibly interesting collection!

I mean seriously, that is sofa-king cool! :cool::cool::cool:

Edited by jcjames

On 4/22/2017 at 9:50 PM, jcjames said:

Wow! That is quite a unique and incredibly interesting collection!

I mean seriously, that is sofa-king cool! :cool::cool::cool:

Thanks man! It is quite cool to sit there and lay all of these editions out on the table. One of the neatest thought experiments I like to engage in is thinking about the journeys each one of these books took. Most of these books had to find there way here, forced by me as facilitator, to end up in one solitary place on the planet. Geek gravity I like to think of it as.... its one thing to see pictures of it. But I gotta tell ya whenever I pull out this small stack of 300's to show people you should see the way people react in person. 

One of the tougher ones to find is the Greek. A digest sized book that has a neat Greek title.... here is a closer look!

34106631532_09e130c321_o.jpg

15 hours ago, clarkkentdds said:

Why has this book increased so much in recent months? I was interested in buying a HG ASM #300, but I'm concerned the market is peaking right now... Why?

There's the traditional "25 year rule" that's debated, but hard to ignore for key issues.

My guess is that there's a similar "30 year rule" for those who didn't seek out the item when it was 25, or for those who want more.

15 hours ago, clarkkentdds said:

So the FMV for a 9.8 W is now about $1500...?

A little higher if you want a newsstand copy. :wink:

Periodic check for Amazing Spider-man #300 on Ebay (April 24, 2017):

53 slabbed copies available

42 direct editions, average grade 9.23

11 newsstand editions, average grade 7.43

Edited by valiantman

39 minutes ago, clarkkentdds said:

I tend to agree. I think the book will settle again at $1000... not sure when but that is my buy price.

I thought BA 12, Nyx 3, and Star Wars 1 would settle.  Hell, I thought NM 98 would settle. Still waiting.  :popcorn: 

Reality is, $1500, or thereabouts, is likely the new floor for this book.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 4/27/2017 at 7:12 PM, Jaydogrules said:

I thought BA 12, Nyx 3, and Star Wars 1 would settle.  Hell, I thought NM 98 would settle. Still waiting.  :popcorn: 

Reality is, $1500, or thereabouts, is likely the new floor for this book.  

-J.

Exactly, key books rarely tank. BA 12 has settled down a bit from it's SS hype but it'll spike again when sequels start coming out as well as HQ movie appearances. Marvel stuff isn't getting any cheaper and I can only see it getting worse as even the copper age stuff gets older. People didn't take care of them as well as they do now and a lot of it sat in dollar boxes for years.   

In reality ASM 300 is just back where it was 2 years ago, probably when movie hype was speculated on and then it cooled way off as people stopped selling or at least there were fewer copies going up for sale. I think that eventually it will hook a higher price and stay there and that is the only thing to speculate on! As of now as the prices are inching and really only in 9.8 with a little in 9.6 & 9.4 with the dreamers in 9.2 & 9.0. That could be said with NM 98 and NYX 3 and possibly BA 12, while BA 12 saw the most increase in 9.8 and subsequent grades.....

You can now buy a 8.0 in $300-400 for BA 12 when not that long ago it was 400-500$$

NM 98 has tapered off and NYX is tapering in just under 9.8, with a 9.4 going for 300-400$-----it's time and the subsequent events that will hang prices at a higher notch but it's a long time coming....I would buy now in any of these but not 9.8.....I loose more often than not just my opinion :)