• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Appreciation/ Club Thread
12 12

1,166 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

I'm trying to decide on an unsigned newsstand edition. Trying to gauge how rare they are in that high of a grade. A signed one would be way above my range right now

If it's in 9.8 that your shooting for, I'd personally go for the safest option of blue label. I don't know what sigs your considering having on it though. If Stan that might not be an option for long, but it might not sky rocket either so who knows.... ?

but that's the point, if there are too many variables, your bound to be disappointed in "some aspect", so do you play it safe or not? really comes down to personal choice, which is stressful lol 

On 6/27/2017 at 10:05 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

No reserve, let it ride.  The problem with double covers (in general) is that whenever they pop up for sale they are ridiculously priced.

***Nice book

What books on eBay/most other sites that are the least bit worthwhile are not absurdly priced?

Edited by MGsimba77

8 minutes ago, DeadpoolJr. said:

I feel kind of odd actually being the one who started this thread actually since I sold my copy a few months back. It was only a 7.0, but it felt weird letting it go. I was able to make a profit though from one I bought it on Ebay years ago so not all bad.

Ya I feel ya, I want and don't want to sell my 8.0 lol I wish I had 2 of them, but I didn't make it a priority (live and learn)

SO, i don't want to sell my only copy, :( then where would I be? lol 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If it's in 9.8 that your shooting for, I'd personally go for the safest option of blue label. I don't know what sigs your considering having on it though. If Stan that might not be an option for long, but it might not sky rocket either so who knows.... ?

but that's the point, if there are too many variables, your bound to be disappointed in "some aspect", so do you play it safe or not? really comes down to personal choice, which is stressful lol 

Yes, it's a cgc graded 9.8 white newsstand. GPA should break down the sales data to show these differences!

3 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Yes, it's a cgc graded 9.8 white newsstand. GPA should break down the sales data to show these differences!

Well imo some of this may be movie-hype... Who knows if the price will come down afterwards... So GPA is not a tell-all but I see your point

7 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

What book on eBay that's the least bit worthwhile isn't absurdly priced?

Have you thought about making a WTB post? If you're willing to offer FMV according to GPA, or even a little bit over like your post suggest, I would think you should have some people contact you.

You also could go the route of looking at current, and upcoming auctions that aren't just on ebay,

5 minutes ago, DeadpoolJr. said:

Have you thought about making a WTB post? If you're willing to offer FMV according to GPA, or even a little bit over like your post suggest, I would think you should have some people contact you.

You also could go the route of looking at current, and upcoming auctions that aren't just on ebay,

Yes I've thought about that but am not too thrilled about doing business through a message board. Even if it's on PayPal. The non eBays have buyer's fees or are just as ridiculously priced, lousy customer service and almost never have what I'm looking for. Limited payment methods. And they take a month to ship your book

Edited by MGsimba77

37 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

What books on eBay/most other sites that are the least bit worthwhile are not absurdly priced?

For starters...all the books in my signature.  Except for 1, I was able to get them all below the 1 year selling average (from Ebay and this forum).

17 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Yes I've thought about that but am not too thrilled about doing business through a message board. Even if it's on PayPal. The non eBays have buyer's fees or are just as ridiculously priced, lousy customer service and almost never have what I'm looking for. And they take a month to ship your book

Then your point is moot.  We're talking about thousand(s) dollar transactions and you're not willing to put in an effort to negotiate or find better pricing?:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

For starters...all the books in my signature.  Except for 1, I was able to get them all below the 1 year selling average (from Ebay and this forum).

Then your point is moot.  We're talking about thousand(s) dollar transactions and you're not willing to put in an effort to negotiate or find better pricing?:facepalm:

I've negotiated plenty of books on eBay to market range. It's not easy & majority of time reasonable offers are declined due to sellers fee & PayPal fees. Same with other sites though less so since their inventory are typically less.

How do I know whom I'm dealing with on this site? It could be anyone blowing smoke up my a#s. Yes PayPal has buyer protections but I'd rather avoid the hassle.

On 5/22/2017 at 9:57 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

There is a 9.8 newsstand in the market place here for $2500.  

Hmmn, I just checked the marketplace thread for sellers & searched for it. Didn't find it. I'd strongly consider that if seller is a long time member with kudos! 

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have noticed that not a lot of people post into this thread with a new book...

I still think it's a great book though... With a lot of potential...

But I assume the price will come back down after the movie, also that it will go back up eventually naturally as any key would...

Recent pick-up for my Spidey collection...

asm #300 venom394.jpg

I have an ASM300 I got a few years ago, it's signed "T. McFarlane" on the splash page in pen. Probably a 9.0

I also have a newsstand issue which is probably 7.0ish that I got a super-great deal earlier this year.

Not sure if should get either slabbed or not. (shrug)

I don't plan on selling either of them any time soon (unless values go up to ridiculous levels).

Edited by jcjames

6 minutes ago, GaSouthernGrad said:

I am looking at purchasing a raw ASM 300 on eBay but how can I tell the difference between the original and a reprint? I know one if the reprints looked seemingly identical to the original and I don't want to get scammed.

The only reprints that I am aware of are the "promo" one's that state not for resale over the barcode amd are considerably smaller in size as they came with the dvd, and the "chromium" edition, which has a different material looking cover. 

Both seem to do well on there own now or for now. Wouldn't be bad pickups after you get your first print. If you need more help then maybe buy already graded. 

Hope that helps some :foryou: