• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Appreciation/ Club Thread
12 12

1,166 posts in this topic

Given that there are 10 at that grade I'd say insane. Once you get mutliple copies in grade it usually waters down the value pretty heavily. Can't believe that they handed out 10 9.9's. You know that once a 10 is issued this will be worth a fraction of what was paid.

On 7/3/2017 at 9:21 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Not my money so I'm going to say "awesome"(thumbsu

Personally, there are plenty of 9.8 books I'd rather have instead at that price point (but the person who bought that likely will already have those books).

Well pulled this Amazing Spider Man #300 out of my raw collection this past weekend, ( I haven't looked through most of them in about 10 years or so. :( ) Thinking of submitting this copy, also debating if it's worth pressing, as I've never been through that process hm.  Purchased this off a rack in my younger days. :preach:

ASM 300.jpg

Edited by nepatkm
ASM #300

37 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Well pulled this Amazing Spider Man #300 out of my raw collection this past weekend, ( I haven't looked through most of them in about 10 years or so. :( ) Thinking of submitting this copy, also debating if it's worth pressing, as I've never been through that process hm.  Purchased this off a rack in my younger days. :preach:

Did you only buy the one copy? It looks nice though! 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Did you only buy the one copy? It looks nice though! 

Yeah, only needed 1 copy back at the time lol, if only I knew :flipbait:

Anyway glad I picked up all ASM, and X-Men issues monthly along with Punisher and others back then.  :D --Time to have some fun and disappointment going through those 54 boxes soon. (shrug)

15 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Yeah, only needed 1 copy back at the time lol, if only I knew :flipbait:

Anyway glad I picked up all ASM, and X-Men issues monthly along with Punisher and others back then.  :D --Time to have some fun and disappointment going through those 54 boxes soon. (shrug)

54? I wouldn't have that kind of space lol 

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

54? I wouldn't have that kind of space lol 

:$ Yeah then theres my 25 CGC boxes, my collection takes up a lot of space...... so my wife tells me :shy: :sorry:

28 minutes ago, Brewcrewfan77 said:

Finally joined the club.  Pretty decent copy, could use a good pressing but I'm happy.

Congrats!! Too bad I didn't pick up more copies awhile ago lol 

Been awhile since I've been on the boards, but I'm back with a semi-bang!!!

Not bad for $200 bucks considering what the prices are on eBay.

local shop pick up...

pretty clean with no spine stresses at all. Other than the bottom left corner it's a really nice 9.2-9.4 

IMG_1744.JPG

Edited by Noodlez
Description

I remember when ASM #300 was new and my recollection is that McFarlane was good but he was still an artist among artists. He had not risen to the astronomical height that we all know he eventually did.

Venom was a cool "whoa" character that served  to drum up the lax or faded  interest in the title. Brock really did grab readers attention and he was a major draw. It had become cool to like villains. Neither Venom nor McFarlane created a "hording" effect for the book however. At least not in its early years. It was a little pricey as most double issues and anniversary issues were in that era. That is it.

It has had a slow but un-steady rise in value so I do not see it crashing near or far. It has an established value although that value is not always at a peak or valley. No dive bomb I say.

Just landed a new higher grade (i.e. not high grade = 9.6 or 9.8) copy in a collection that cost $0.65 per book (or a bit less - I am estimated 11 crammed totally full longs at 250 books = 2750 books). It will be off to Sarasota next week.  

Edited by kimik

20 hours ago, DarkPhantom13 said:

Venom is my all time favorite character so this is easily my favorite book in my entire collection. Not in the best condition but seeing how it's my original copy from when i was a kid i would say it held up pretty good. 

21015295_1505455416187427_292007170_n.jpg

Congratulations.

I'm finally in the club! Bought for a reasonable price from a boardie - obviously a bit late to the game now that the book has had its price jump for many months, but happy to be in! 9.8 was definitely too rich for my blood at current prices, even though they've come down a bit from the $2500 peak. 

This is likely for the PC, so I'm fine with a 9.6, and as a child of the 80's, loved the Venom Lethal Protector and Funeral Pyre books! 

IMG_8088.JPG