• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What makes an A–Level PREACHER page?
2 2

413 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, MGS said:

I've been trying to add a Preacher page to my collection basically since I started collecting about 3.5 years ago, but it never seemed to quite work out.  In fact, I was the underbidder on a couple of the pages that have popped up in this thread. :)

Anyway, I was finally able to pick one up.  Lots of good stuff here.  It's got Jessie and The Duke (and TC), some great dialog, and it's from a pretty pivotal point in a classic arc.

Thanks to Claudio for hooking me up!

Mike

Glad you like it!

I was definitely surprised the #1 page stayed under $4K.  Heritage had a sticker on it at NYCC, estimating it at "7500+". That number seemed crazy, but I figured they knew something I didn't.

On the other hand, if you put aside all the reasons it's important (all three main characters, 1st Duke, 1st issue), it is a bit bland.

2 hours ago, Solar said:

I was definitely surprised the #1 page stayed under $4K.  Heritage had a sticker on it at NYCC, estimating it at "7500+". That number seemed crazy, but I figured they knew something I didn't.

On the other hand, if you put aside all the reasons it's important (all three main characters, 1st Duke, 1st issue), it is a bit bland.

heh, that is like saying a girl isn't attractive after you take away her looks and personality!

Malvin

46 minutes ago, malvin said:

heh, that is like saying a girl isn't attractive after you take away her looks and personality!

Malvin

Well, the SoK page that blew up to $9K or so was the complete opposite (less important from a story / issue / firsts perspective, but artistically amazing and a memorable moment).

Preacher may just be a series where pages with badass moments, action and Ennis dialogue outsell pages that just tick the usual nerdy collector boxes.

Edited by Solar

PREACHER 6 Page 3 listed on eBay with the rest of the insanity for $2500. When it didn't sell the price was reduced to $2250. Still no sale. So the owner listed if for under $100 and let it roll. Like a majority of the pages out there, the owner got it LONG AGO when a page like this could be had for under $300.  Final hammer about $1050 with shipping. 

I think it's a good buy for the page. I would have thought $1500 was the floor with both Jesse and Tulip on the page, but I'm guessing the scene just isn't that appealing for the one-and-done collector.

preacher06pg03-orig.jpg

2 hours ago, mister_not_so_nice said:

I think it's a good buy for the page. I would have thought $1500 was the floor with both Jesse and Tulip on the page, but I'm guessing the scene just isn't that appealing for the one-and-done collector.

Page went cheap; I estimated $1.4k minimum.

13 hours ago, mister_not_so_nice said:

PREACHER 6 Page 3 listed on eBay with the rest of the insanity for $2500. When it didn't sell the price was reduced to $2250. Still no sale. So the owner listed if for under $100 and let it roll. Like a majority of the pages out there, the owner got it LONG AGO when a page like this could be had for under $300.  Final hammer about $1050 with shipping. 

preacher06pg03-orig.jpg

I saw a pretty nice Saint of Killers page on ebay for $2500 at a time when average Preacher pages were going for that. SOK is the breakout star of that series, and pages with him on it sell at a premium.

13 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I saw a pretty nice Saint of Killers page on ebay for $2500 at a time when average Preacher pages were going for that. SOK is the breakout star of that series, and pages with him on it sell at a premium.

Partly due to scarcity. He is only on 9.02% of the pages :gossip: