• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What makes an A–Level PREACHER page?
2 2

413 posts in this topic

CLink auctions ending tonight with 4, count em, FOUR PREACHER pages and a Jesse illustration by Dillon (advertising art?).  

PREACHER 06 Page 15 - $838  Very early page with Tulip, Cass, Si and a sweet image of the back of Jesse's head :frown:.   Seems a good deal, but not a GREAT deal.

PREACHER 10 Page 02 - $1300 Jesse, Tulip, Gran'ma, Jody and young Jesse on a page from the arc that seems to be everyone's favorite.  

PREACHER 21 Page 12 - $575  Starr, fans like him, but only for the comedic affect, and that don't bring a lot at auction. If people are going to PAY they want the emotion that Jesse/Tulip bring. I think we can see a price separation starting to emerge. 

PREACHER 37 Page 19 - $858 Cass willing to burn to save his friend. Another good deal in this auction

Jesse Illustration - $1700 For an illustration outside of the regular series?  Maybe someone did their homework and found out where(if) this was published (shrug)

Overall I see bargains were had. Was it caused by a glut in the market having 5 pieces available at one time? (note to self :gossip:) or post holiday lack of G.A.F.?

40 minutes ago, mister_not_so_nice said:

CLink auctions ending tonight with 4, count em, FOUR PREACHER pages and a Jesse illustration by Dillon (advertising art?).  

PREACHER 06 Page 15 - $838  Very early page with Tulip, Cass, Si and a sweet image of the back of Jesse's head :frown:.   Seems a good deal, but not a GREAT deal.

PREACHER 10 Page 02 - $1300 Jesse, Tulip, Gran'ma, Jody and young Jesse on a page from the arc that seems to be everyone's favorite.  

PREACHER 21 Page 12 - $575  Starr, fans like him, but only for the comedic affect, and that don't bring a lot at auction. If people are going to PAY they want the emotion that Jesse/Tulip bring. I think we can see a price separation starting to emerge. 

PREACHER 37 Page 19 - $858 Cass willing to burn to save his friend. Another good deal in this auction

Jesse Illustration - $1700 For an illustration outside of the regular series?  Maybe someone did their homework and found out where(if) this was published (shrug)

Overall I see bargains were had. Was it caused by a glut in the market having 5 pieces available at one time? (note to self :gossip:) or post holiday lack of G.A.F.?

I considered going after #37p19, but it wasn't the right one considering I'd be doing a trade up, and I like the Preacher page I already own better. Having said that... I'm surprised at 3/4 finishes under $1000.

9 hours ago, mister_not_so_nice said:

Seems like the Preacher pages are coming back down to Earth (heh), rather than that they were ”bargains.” 

Kind of like I expected. 

On 9/5/2018 at 4:18 AM, PhilipB2k17 said:

Seems like the Preacher pages are coming back down to Earth (heh), rather than that they were ”bargains.” 

Kind of like I expected. 

Down to earth, indeed.

PREACHER 1 insanity on eBay .  I expect to see a majority of the pages posted to eBay indefinitely for $10K plus asking prices.  (Don't get any ideas, Felix :baiting: )

On 11/12/2018 at 4:36 PM, Geppetto said:

Hi guys... could you help me with this preacher page?

How much is it worth? 2k $?

preacher.jpeg

I'd say $1200 ballpark based on recent results. 

I'd rank it a bit below this page NSN discussed back in September:

Preacher pages are down a bit since the show hype has faded.

3 hours ago, Solar said:

I'd say $1200 ballpark based on recent results. 

I'd rank it a bit below this page NSN discussed back in September:

Preacher pages are down a bit since the show hype has faded.

Hammered at $1800 actually

RAD906EC2018725_164838.jpg

Latest CLink auctions just closed. 

More softening of the market as PREACHER60pg23 barely fetched $7650 

Spoiler

:jokealert:

I think the odd coloration of PREACHER06pg05 may have held it back a bit at $1623.  I'm guessing it's just a bad scan and not nearly as noticeable in person. 

RADD75252018827_102734.jpg

RADA94BC20181018_13716.jpg

12 hours ago, mister_not_so_nice said:

Latest CLink auctions just closed. 

More softening of the market as PREACHER60pg23 barely fetched $7650 

Reveal hidden contents

:jokealert:

I think the odd coloration of PREACHER06pg05 may have held it back a bit at $1623.  I'm guessing it's just a bad scan and not nearly as noticeable in person. 

RADD75252018827_102734.jpg

RADA94BC20181018_13716.jpg

I think that's some pretty bad mat burn, and it's probably close to "true". The blue at the bottom of both pieces matches (to the eye anyway), so how far off could the "shift" be? Anyway there is somebody out that there can bleach most of that away along with the dedication and editorial stuff at the top too so...all good?

3 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

I think Dillon used marker to spot his blacks. If I remember correctly when pages are treated to remove the acid staining, many marker inks are the first to go with it...

3 hours ago, mister_not_so_nice said:

Yes, he did use marker on some of the larger black areas. 

Certainly looks like it in Jesse's hair. I was being sarcastic though, I think that whole bleaching process should be used very sparingly, if at all. And -of course- only on "all india ink" works.

1 hour ago, Nexus said:

Feels like new/newish money. Someone paying up for something they consider a "one-and-done" example. Very strong price.

Well, if it is new/newish money it will most likely make it to CAF. No trophy hunter will want to keep it hidden.

At these prices I may join the one(+X) and done crowd myself.  :frown: