• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What makes an A–Level PREACHER page?
2 2

413 posts in this topic

SOK is just cool. :cool:

And SOK pages are a lot more rare than Jesse, Tulip or Cass pages.

Yep, SOK is a bad-arse

And he's certainly not a villain like Starr. He is more of a tragic character put into his position by forces greater than him.

No one is greater than SOK!!!! :sumo:

:jokealert:

Can anyone think of a page (not a splash) that sold for more than $3,000 which did not feature the Saint on it?

THIS ONE

Well...kind of an exception because it's an issue #1 page, and comes with a premium attached.

The question is worth considering, though. I'll say that even a halfway decent SoK page will get minimally $3K these days. It's just what the market wants. There are not that many, relative to the overall number of pages, and they don't pop up for sale often. And while I do know of a few non-SoK pages that have sold for $3K and up, it's a rare event. So for the purposes of a rough price guide, consider the "$3K-$5K" range for PREACHER to be be primarily concerned with SoK...important to remember when shopping for non-SoK pages.

Can anyone think of a page (not a splash) that sold for more than $3,000 which did not feature the Saint on it?

THIS ONE

Well...kind of an exception because it's an issue #1 page, and comes with a premium attached.

The question is worth considering, though. I'll say that even a halfway decent SoK page will get minimally $3K these days. It's just what the market wants. There are not that many, relative to the overall number of pages, and they don't pop up for sale often. And while I do know of a few non-SoK pages that have sold for $3K and up, it's a rare event. So for the purposes of a rough price guide, consider the "$3K-$5K" range for PREACHER to be be primarily concerned with SoK...important to remember when shopping for non-SoK pages.

What about "The Duke"? Or is anything with him automatically bumped since he is talking with Jesse on the page?

Just curious of your thoughts on this.

I had a decent Duke page I sold last year on eBay. I think I got about $1,500 for it.

I think my timing was off though. I sold 2 other (non-Preacher) pages within a couple weeks of it and each has since resold at 150% what I got for them in public auctions.

THIS ONE

What about "The Duke"? Or is anything with him automatically bumped since he is talking with Jesse on the page?

Just curious of your thoughts on this.

Personally, I dig pages with the Duke! But you rarely hear him mentioned by fans, at least compared to SoK. I'm not putting myself out much by saying that a Duke page would sell for less than a comparable SoK page.

I put two Duke/Jesse pages on eBay a couple of years ago. They were both very good, but not quite "A" in my book. They went for around $1K each. Which was more than what solo Jesse pages were going for at the time. So yes, fans will pay more for the Duke...but not as much as for SoK.

I had a decent Duke page I sold last year on eBay. I think I got about $1,500 for it.

I think my timing was off though. I sold 2 other (non-Preacher) pages within a couple weeks of it and each has since resold at 150% what I got for them in public auctions.

Well, if it's any consolation, your timing was better than mine. :frustrated:

A $499 starting bid for this page may as well be "no reserve":

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-comic-art-PREACHER-45-p-1-title-page-Ennis-Dillon-/231140488101?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35d10bf3a5

A solid example, and a title page, to boot. Doesn't quite make "A" for me, but will still be interesting to see where a quality page like this ends up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-comic-art-PREACHER-45-p-1-title-page-Ennis-Dillon-/231140488101?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35d10bf3a5

A solid example, and a title page, to boot. Doesn't quite make "A" for me, but will still be interesting to see where a quality page like this ends up.

Bet he's hoping for "$3K-$5K" :tonofbricks:

Agreed, and I don't get why if you're going to start an auction that low, why not start at $0.99 and try to pull more bidders into the fray?

With the exception of the consensus on SOK pages, this thread appears to be kind of all over the place in terms of what people are looking for, which I'd say is a testament to just how much there was to like about that series.

With the exception of the consensus on SOK pages, this thread appears to be kind of all over the place in terms of what people are looking for, which I'd say is a testament to just how much there was to like about that series.

Agreed. It's what makes the story as a whole so universally appealing.

And if you collect PREACHER art you can focus on any number of things:

Jesse pages

Tulip pages

Cassidy pages

SOK pages

The WORD

Deputy Cindy :cloud9:

The humor of Starr

The humor of Arseface

The love story of Jesse & Tulip

The Duke

Fist fights

Gun fights

Jody & T.C. (I need a good one of these two :baiting: )

And a few more niche areas i am forgetting.

Really? $499 doesn't seem too far off to me. Maybe he saw the Arseface page on eBay that went unsold for $600. I like his better but he might be motivated to sell but scared at going too low

I don't own any Preacher pages. Never have. Likely never will.

But $3-5K? I think that's high.

Maybe if you got the best of the best up for auction and two sets of deep pockets went after it.

Maybe.

Getting into Sandman territory (depending on the artist)