• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What makes an A–Level PREACHER page?
2 2

413 posts in this topic

The dialogue is what makes is the book A-Level for me. It's beats any A-List Hollywood flick!

You're preaching ;) to the converted

The dialogue is the main thing for me and these always crack me up and don't feature any of the central characters!

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=731445

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=622403

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=622408

"We've run out of gerbil lubricant." :facepalm:

This thread makes me want an A level Preacher page. :devil:

Your wantlist just got more expensive.

Probably based on the speculation of a tv show becoming more likely. But this could be in development hell for a while and maybe never happen. Just the constant creative churn trying to get something made. I'll believe it when creative elements are attached and a pilot is shooting. Even then, it could not get picked up.

Still, if everyone who thinks they see the writing on the wall for a show rush out and try to get a page, then yes.

I have a friend of a friend in development/production over at AMC. Will try to see how it's looking...

Well it seems it won't be long before the remaining scraps are off the market, the few that have been available are being bought up. Assume that the TV deal progressing had tipped the scale for some people. Had toyed with the idea of getting something average... but I get the feeling the ship has sailed and is going to dock on the other side over the next 18 months. *sigh*

There is going to be enough competition for a while to come and it's a book that deserves all the recognition it gets.

You'll gain a better appreciation for the art after you read the story :baiting:

Yup. +1

It's a must read, make sure you have the entire run available before you start. Get it done, no ifs and no buts, just read it.

Is anyone else following this?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/231172095978?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

I'm surprised to see it already go higher than the last title page, with plenty of time to go higher.

I wasn't surprised to see this page go higher.

Some of the pluses on this page as I see them:

- There aren't any images of Jesse on the page but his presence can certainly be felt.

- Title page from early on in the series and from one of the best arcs of the series

- The other title page was more comedic, and some people like that aspect. But this page encapsulates everything that was horrible about Angelville.

The buyer got a nice page, but it wasn't me :cry:

It also definitely qualifies as a 'memorable moment' from the storyline, which (as Michael pointed out) most people consider to be the best.*

*Not me… I like the sex party storyline that followed. Preacher comedy trumps Preacher horror for me.

I'm surprised to see it already go higher than the last title page, with plenty of time to go higher.

- There aren't any images of Jesse on the page but his presence can certainly be felt.

- Title page from early on in the series and from one of the best arcs of the series

- The other title page was more comedic, and some people like that aspect. But this page encapsulates everything that was horrible about Angelville.

I see your point, but for my money I agree with J. Sid. I'll take a little comedy and Jesse for $200 cheaper. Nice page nonetheless.

I see your point, but for my money I agree with J. Sid. I'll take a little comedy and Jesse for $200 cheaper. Nice page nonetheless.

There's no question in my mind that the last title page was more desirable, from a market standpoint. We all knew it sold "cheap" then and this sale only reinforces that. While this page may have elements that appeal to the hardcore fan, I can't imagine it's anyone's idea of a standalone representative piece. Meaning, anyone who wants an example for their collection, is like going to want a more obvious one (i.e. one with a main character). Not only are there no images of Jesse on this page (his presence being felt notwithstanding), there's no Cassidy, there's no Tulip, there's no SoA, etc. This title splash is fine as a complementary example, though, and perhaps the top bidders already had other pages.

Mister NSN...value aside, which one would you pick if they were presented side-by-side and you had no other examples?

This is similar to the pirate pages from WATCHMEN. Some of them are quite key and have writing better than a random page with a costume...but the costume pages will always have more demand. If a pirate page sold for more than a costume page, I'd be equally surprised.