• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, SC22 said:

It will most likely go for near 150k but no where near 300k not in 2017.

Was not the question what the 5.5 will turn? ( on the big one, I bet UPS drops its rates) 

Edited by Glassman10

1 hour ago, Glassman10 said:

Was not the question what the 5.5 will turn? ( on the big one, I bet UPS drops its rates) 

UPS like any other shipping service usually go to no more than 1000$ (USPS $ FeDex) to 2500$ (UPS) maximum coverage for collectibles hence the need for private insurance.

Edited by SC22

I was joking.

Crawford Insurance company handles all the UPS claims and the first move is to reject that claim knowing full well that 5% of claimants give up at that point.  They stopped calling it  insurance a few years back. It's something else now but that something matters legally.

When I used to ship Glass, UPS had an interesting take on it. It was supposed to be double boxed with two inches of of packing around the inner box. If you didn't do that, the claim was trashed. If it did have that packing, at one point they told me my work must have been already broken when I put it in the box. 

Fed Ex just won't insure artwork at all. The trick was to really pack it well. I assume they don't think of comics as art. When you did that, the box became oversized and they charged a minimum weight based on the dimensions. You could not do much with the company stance. The money always flowed in the right direction. 

But, I'm still betting the 5.5 goes under 50K based on an antsy market. Could be substantially lower but I don't think it will last.  I would not be surprised to see the bidding simply go dead on it well before the hammer falls.  But what do I know?

A .5 raw went for a pretty good price tonight on ebay.  Since the cover had the top part I think it is more valuable (since many .5s are remaindered and missing the top).

$4100.  I bid up to $3800 but didn't have the funds right now to go higher.  I think in the market we're in that $4100 is a pretty good price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-HOLY-GRAIL-Marvel-Comic-MEGA-KEY-1st-Spider-Man-VINTAGE-12c/132405198467?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by gadzukes

27 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

A .5 raw went for a pretty good price tonight on ebay.  Since the cover had the top part I think it is more valuable (since most .5s are remaindered and missing the top).

$4100.  I bid up to $3800 but didn't have the funds right now to go higher.  I think in the market we're in that $4100 is a pretty good price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-HOLY-GRAIL-Marvel-Comic-MEGA-KEY-1st-Spider-Man-VINTAGE-12c/132405198467?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Would it have sold for more if it had been graded by CGC?

3 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

I was joking.

Crawford Insurance company handles all the UPS claims and the first move is to reject that claim knowing full well that 5% of claimants give up at that point.  They stopped calling it  insurance a few years back. It's something else now but that something matters legally.

When I used to ship Glass, UPS had an interesting take on it. It was supposed to be double boxed with two inches of of packing around the inner box. If you didn't do that, the claim was trashed. If it did have that packing, at one point they told me my work must have been already broken when I put it in the box. 

Fed Ex just won't insure artwork at all. The trick was to really pack it well. I assume they don't think of comics as art. When you did that, the box became oversized and they charged a minimum weight based on the dimensions. You could not do much with the company stance. The money always flowed in the right direction. 

But, I'm still betting the 5.5 goes under 50K based on an antsy market. Could be substantially lower but I don't think it will last.  I would not be surprised to see the bidding simply go dead on it well before the hammer falls.  But what do I know?

At below $50k still room for a flip during the upcoming summer.  The ha 5.5 for sure will get a nice flip 

7 hours ago, SC22 said:
8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

when a 7.5 currently stands at 100K on ComicLink xD

It will most likely go for near 150k

Not if spiderturtle doesn't bid. Then I'd say closer to 120.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

The AF15 CGC 7.5 that sold the other day went over 140k I don't believe he bid on it.

9 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Ugh!?  It's ruined FOREVER!!  Why would anyone in their right mind get a this book signed... Let alone in Fine condition!?!  :facepalm:  What is wrong with you bro? (whomever this book belongs to)

No kidding.  I cringe everytime I see a key signed.  Yes, to each their own.  If the owner thought he was getting value for the signature, he/she will soon find out that he left thousands on the table whenever it sells because of that placement.

Wrecked.  That comic is wrecked.

I don't mind a stan sig, but it's gotta be placed in an appropriate place.  I like splash pages.  If it's gonna be on the front cover then under spidey's swinging arm (with a brand new sharpie, NOT with a sharpie that's signed 10,000 other copies so the head is worn down).

Seriously, that comic just lost 20% of it's value.

Edited by gadzukes