• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Not 100% sure if it was done, but I didn't like the color touch removal marks at the top of the book.  Just a turn off for me.

how can you deduce such a thing from such a small size photo? it doesnt even enlarge to the size of a real comic book, much less larger so one could see real details. 

13 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

how can you deduce such a thing from such a small size photo? it doesnt even enlarge to the size of a real comic book, much less larger so one could see real details. 

It’s a bad scan, bad idea on such a high value book

3 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Not 100% sure if it was done, but I didn't like the color touch removal marks at the top of the book.  Just a turn off for me.

I thought the same thing, the marks at the top were color touch removals, scraped. I agree, I don't like the look.

I'm pretty much spot on for the most part if/when color touch scraping was applied on a book.  Having seen it first hand and owned books in the past with it.

Yes the photos couldn't be enlarged.  Luckily with my laptop, I am able to magnify images closely on my touch screen.  In my opinion, the book once had small amount of color touch on the cover that was scraped off.

3 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

About 1 month ago and yes, there was resto removed. It was posted in the PGM. Once resto was removed and book slabbed, it was offered in the sales section. Asking was 60.

Edited by Gotham Kid

I miss all the arguing from earlier this year about prices/ when the sky was going to fall/the sky is never gonna fall/AF15 is the only comic that matters/Spiderman is the most popular comic character ever even amongst people yet to be born. 

It really made a long work day more bearable. 

Like we say on set: COME ON CREW!  WE CAN DO BETTER!!

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

I miss all the arguing from earlier this year about prices/ when the sky was going to fall/the sky is never gonna fall/AF15 is the only comic that matters/Spiderman is the most popular comic character ever even amongst people yet to be born. 

AF 15 has settled down since I married it.

6 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
8 minutes ago, NoMan said:

AF 15 has settled down since I married it.

I know, right?   Six months ago half the board activity seemed to be about either IH 181 or AF 15.

11 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Start a bitcoin topic

Edited by comicquant

11 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

About 1 month ago and yes, there was resto removed. It was posted in the PGM. Once resto was removed and book slabbed, it was offered in the sales section. Asking was 60.

I knew that book looked familiar.  Tnx for posting the link.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:45 PM, drbanner said:

The AF 15 data on the left in the graphic below includes grades from 3.5 to 6.0 and has a couple of the Peak-AF 15 prices, it doesn't include "those crazy CC auction prices" (which I guess Metro will eventually report to GPA) and of course doesn't include the Clink prices since they don't report. The data on the right show Peak-Hulk1 occurring about 2 years ago before prices stagnated. I'll revisit this in six months and we'll see if the AF15 graphic continues to look like it does now...or more like the Hulk 1 data. (thumbsu

5a2ed5aa8e81b_tmpJune.thumb.jpg.a80fac1962adade598c7523008d8fe23.jpg

So here we are 6 months later, and it looks like AF15 prices are indeed following the path of Hulk 1 prices after the Hulk 1 boom in 2014-2015. Interestingly or coincidentally, AF 15 is ~2X the price of Hulk in the same grade. I'll revisit this again in six months and see if the AF15 graphic continues to mirror the Hulk 1 graphic (which shows basically stagnant prices for ~3 years).

5a2ed5a94ed0b_tmpdec.thumb.jpg.7ae7d92a5ed85db2edc575f4f6264224.jpg

9 minutes ago, drbanner said:

So here we are 6 months later, and it looks like AF15 prices are indeed following the path of Hulk 1 prices after the Hulk 1 boom in 2014-2015. Interestingly or coincidentally, AF 15 is ~2X the price of Hulk in the same grade. I'll revisit this again in six months and see if the AF15 graphic continues to mirror the Hulk 1 graphic (which shows basically stagnant prices for ~3 years).

5a2ed5a94ed0b_tmpdec.thumb.jpg.7ae7d92a5ed85db2edc575f4f6264224.jpg

Damn. Should have sold mine last summer.  

It’s a bad time to own an AF15. There’s too many of them and the buyers who wanted to buy ‘em already have. Paid big bucks, for ‘em too.   

It’s like trying to understand the meaning of that tulip story while playing musical chairs with a hot potato.  

Somebody should write Steve Ditko and get his opinion. 

Edited by NoMan