• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

If you went to the general discussion board and dug up a thread  almost exactly a year old called "I need some advice", I think that "Ihaveneatstuff"posted a shot of the book before it was cleaned and pressed and slabbed.My son took pictures of every interior page.  I am loath to discuss the final sale at this point but if you went back through this thread, you'd find it. You could infer the price of the book on Highgradecomics website. It was a 5.0 .I took a long time to decide how to market the book and it was worth the wait. I am of an age now where keeping the book any longer simply didn't make sense. I had it for fifty years. I did keep my JIM and Thor's. None are slabbed. 

Something I am curious about is if anyone knows who owns the original artwork for the AF15 cover. 

Donated anonymously to Smithsonian. General consensus is that Marie Severenson donated it

1 hour ago, Glassman10 said:

If you went to the general discussion board and dug up a thread  almost exactly a year old called "I need some advice", I think that "Ihaveneatstuff"posted a shot of the book before it was cleaned and pressed and slabbed.My son took pictures of every interior page.  I am loath to discuss the final sale at this point but if you went back through this thread, you'd find it. You could infer the price of the book on Highgradecomics website. It was a 5.0 .I took a long time to decide how to market the book and it was worth the wait. I am of an age now where keeping the book any longer simply didn't make sense. I had it for fifty years. I did keep my JIM and Thor's. None are slabbed. 

Something I am curious about is if anyone knows who owns the original artwork for the AF15 cover. 

Oh, now I know which one we're talking about.  Yeah, you did really well.

38 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Donated anonymously to Smithsonian. General consensus is that Marie Severenson donated it

Anyone have a pic? I know the Library of Congress has the interior pages and photos of those can be found online. I’ve never seen a pic of the original cover nor heard about the donation of the cover. 

EDIT: Just googled it and found no info about the cover being donated...

Edited by mysterio

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

Anyone have a pic? I know the Library of Congress has the interior pages and photos of those can be found online. I’ve never seen a pic of the original cover nor heard about the donation of the cover. 

EDIT: Just googled it and found no info about the cover being donated...

cover is thought to be lost to a trash heap long ago :(

well, if Fritz the Cat  by Robert Crumb sitting in the couch with his bimbo could bring 700K, one would imagine that this would be over 1.5 million. Hard to price at all really, especially if it doesn't exist. Have covers for the  #1 FF4, or anything of that nature survived?

Edited by Glassman10

3 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

well, if Fritz the Cat  by Robert Crumb sitting in the couch with his bimbo could bring 700K, one would imagine that this would be over 1.5 million. Hard to price at all really, especially if it doesn't exist. Have covers for the  #1 FF4, or anything of that nature survived?

Gotta think it would easily break 1.5MM for the AF15 cover OA (if it existed and was put to auction).  Probably smash it.

Whats the most ever paid for a comic book? 3MM?  It would pass that.  

you are likely right. Compared to a 9.6 AF 15, which is more rare or the ultimate bragging right??  I would love to know, and I know people are out there that do know, either here, or in the comics history bunch what the existence of these originals actually is. FF4 # 1 is the closest comparable I can think of. It's not fair to bring in Action #1

I spent a bit of the afternoon in this east coast blizzard reading some of the Dr Strange/Strange Tales Bob sent me. No slabs, nothing. It will go to the boy eventually but I got to see Strange reconnect with Clea and to fight Dormamuu. 

I loved owning th AF15. I loved having all those ASM's and all of rabbit's friends and relations bought on the newsstand for a decade.  Now, ? The Dr Strange is great unslabbed.  I love the moments I can steal from the responsibilities with the farm and the horses. Winter is real hard up here . I continue to regret the controversy I caused here. You have all taught me so much and I've enjoyed it all.  

22 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

you are likely right. Compared to a 9.6 AF 15, which is more rare or the ultimate bragging right??  I would love to know, and I know people are out there that do know, either here, or in the comics history bunch what the existence of these originals actually is. FF4 # 1 is the closest comparable I can think of. It's not fair to bring in Action #1

I spent a bit of the afternoon in this east coast blizzard reading some of the Dr Strange/Strange Tales Bob sent me. No slabs, nothing. It will go to the boy eventually but I got to see Strange reconnect with Clea and to fight Dormamuu. 

I loved owning th AF15. I loved having all those ASM's and all of rabbit's friends and relations bought on the newsstand for a decade.  Now, ? The Dr Strange is great unslabbed.  I love the moments I can steal from the responsibilities with the farm and the horses. Winter is real hard up here . I continue to regret the controversy I caused here. You have all taught me so much and I've enjoyed it all.  

No controversy. People forget quick here. Enjoy the Boards.  

So much of that art was given away or just lost in the warehouse. Something tells me however that Marie donated the pages because someone else grabbed the cover. I just think even from day one, that cover was known for its importance. I wouldnt be surprised to see it pop out in the next 5-10 years.

I think just an original art page from AF#15 with action Spidey scenes would bring in 7 figures .... cover would be something well beyond most expensive comicbook ever sold I would imagine 

Edited by fishbone

4 minutes ago, fishbone said:

I think just an original art page from AF#15 would bring in 7 figures .... cover would be something well beyond most expensive comicbook ever sold I would imagine 

this

On January 4, 2018 at 6:53 PM, Glassman10 said:

No time for controversy. I enjoyed hearing your story over the last year  

It's all about the comics. It's always been that way. In the end it's about the creative stories told through amazing drawings. Comics are such and inspired medium.

Edited by Darth Corgi

the question is this: if you had the af15 OA cover and you were getting rid of it would you sell it or donate it to Library of Congress? As I was was waiting for the cat to finish in the litter box so I could clean it, I thought about this and decided I would donate it. I'm good like that and want to let everyone know that is what I would do.