• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

the question is this: if you had the af15 OA cover and you were getting rid of it would you sell it or donate it to Library of Congress? As I was was waiting for the cat to finish in the litter box so I could clean it, I thought about this and decided I would donate it. I'm good like that and want to let everyone know that is what I would do. 

While it would be nice to donate it, I wouldn't be able to pass up the money the cover would bring at auction.   As I said earlier, I think it would top the most ever paid for a comic (which is currently 3.2MM).  I think it could top 5MM.   Life changing money for me.

6 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

While it would be nice to donate it, I wouldn't be able to pass up the money the cover would bring at auction.   As I said earlier, I think it would top the most ever paid for a comic (which is currently 3.2MM).  I think it could top 5MM.   Life changing money for me.

I forgot to mention in the post above that my cats poop money, so cash isn't hard to find for me! What was the 3.2 million page of art?

2 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I forgot to mention in the post above that my cats poop money, so cash isn't hard to find for me! What was the 3.2 million page of art?

The 3.2MM is most paid for a comic book (the Action 1 9.0).   

I think the highest paid for OA is the 1MM for the Hulk 180 last page by TFish (talking US comic book art; no idea if that number has been topped by Euro books - TinTin or something like that).

10 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

The 3.2MM is most paid for a comic book (the Action 1 9.0).   

I think the highest paid for OA is the 1MM for the Hulk 180 last page by TFish (talking US comic book art; no idea if that number has been topped by Euro books - TinTin or something like that).

didn't now that about IH 180 OA. Woverine, huh?

Yeah, it was fairly recent (in the last 1-3 years).  First Wolverine in comics.  The 181 cover would surely go for more (I don't think that exists either*).  And, one would imagine that the AF15 cover would best that quite easily.  

Edit:  Digging thru old PM's, I found that there is a rumor that the 181 cover OA exists.  But unconfirmed (at least to me).  

Edited by chrisco37

1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:

What would you pay more money for:  The OA for the Kirby cover that was actually published, or the OA for the Ditko cover that was rejected?

3 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

What would you pay more money for:  The OA for the Kirby cover that was actually published, or the OA for the Ditko cover that was rejected?

The Kirby cover is superior to the Ditko cover.  Maybe the one time he drew a better Spidey than Ditko.  

They made the right choice when they selected the cover.

3 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Without doubt for the Kirby. Its plainly and simply, way more iconic and the one and only that was actually selected to cover the 3rd most iconic comic of all times. 

(Not that I would mind owning the Ditko one :whistle:)

22 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

The Kirby cover is superior to the Ditko cover.  Maybe the one time he drew a better Spidey than Ditko.  

They made the right choice when they selected the cover.

I always thought Kirby and Ditko tag-teamed on the AF15 cover. They both contributed per se.

On 7/1/2018 at 6:58 PM, zhamlau said:

I think Fish actually paid 660k for the IH 180 page, but it was a record for an interior panel page no doubt. Cant imagine that being passed any time soon.

Are you referring to Fishbone or Fishler ?