• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

What GAtor is saying is the book's recent sales in the 8.0 range have decreased. Started at 271k last year and each sale thereafter has decreased. Still > 200k in 8.0.

Nothing to panic about IMO. 2c

Oh I prefaced with it’s a great sale. 

what happened imo is that with each sale a bidder was removed (since the high bidder got a copy). It’s a natural progression from top (maybe outlier) sale to next to next to next. 

Still, anything over 200k is awesome (especially for seller)

8 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Oh I prefaced with it’s a great sale. 

what happened imo is that with each sale a bidder was removed (since the high bidder got a copy). It’s a natural progression from top (maybe outlier) sale to next to next to next. 

Still, anything over 200k is awesome (especially for seller)

it's an interesting theory. I wonder how one calculates when a new buyer with more money to spend then 271k for an 8.0 walks in to the scene and the cycle starts anew. I guess you can't know until a sale is made.

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:

it's an interesting theory. I wonder how one calculates when a new buyer with more money to spend then 271k for an 8.0 walks in to the scene and the cycle starts anew. I guess you can't know until a sale is made.

Although I had to "borrow" to finance my book (an 8.0), it really comes down to perseverance and how bad one wants the book. I told the Heritage personal bidder to "bid until I won" when the book went to floor bidding. It was a record sale for an 8.0 in 2012 but now it's an inexpensive sale. Incredible.

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Well, the first copy that sold was 261 by clink (not 271)

then next copy went 250 or so (maybe to 261 under bidder)

then next sale was in the 220s

and now in the 2-teens

however that doesn’t account for a myriad of variables so who is really to say

from a strictly analytical perspective a Cgc 8.0 has sold down almost 20% from High , with 3 consecutive down sales 

next copy might sell 300. No one knows :)

1 minute ago, G.A.tor said:

Well, the first copy that sold was 261 by clink (not 271)

then next copy went 250 or so (maybe to 261 under bidder)

then next sale was in the 220s

and now in the 2-teens

however that doesn’t account for a myriad of variables so who is really to say

from a strictly analytical perspective a Cgc 8.0 has sold down almost 20% from High , with 3 consecutive down sales 

next copy might sell 300. No one knows :)

My bad, it was 261 not 271. 

And eye appeal has alot to do with the price. A copy with exceptional eye appeal could surpass 275k. Maybe hit 300k. I truly believe this.

Edited by peewee22

5 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Although I had to "borrow" to finance my book (an 8.0), it really comes down to perseverance and how bad one wants the book. I told the Heritage personal bidder to "bid until I won" when the book went to floor bidding. It was a record sale for an 8.0 in 2012 but now it's an inexpensive sale. Incredible.

I didn't have a personal bidder at HA. Now I feel cheated. I just put in my max bid and left the country….

36 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

My bad, it was 261 not 271. 

And eye appeal has alot to do with the price. A copy with exceptional eye appeal could surpass 275k. Maybe hit 300k. I truly believe this.

What’s interesting is the second copy and maybe even the third copy to sell were cva exceptional eye appeal copies. And both went lower each successive time 

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

What’s interesting is the second copy and maybe even the third copy to sell were cva exceptional eye appeal copies. And both went lower each successive time 

Maybe that's why they went lower. lol

I'm not too gung-ho on further certification on an already certified book. I've seen CVA books that aren't worthy of the sticker (and some that are). CVA is simply a money maker IMO (but what 3-letter cert word isn't?).

7 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Maybe that's why they went lower. lol

I'm not too gung-ho on further certification on an already certified book. I've seen CVA books that aren't worthy of the sticker (and some that are). CVA is simply a money maker IMO (but what 3-letter cert word isn't?).

They were both visually appealing and worthy of grade :)

as was the first 8.0

4th one appears to be weakest if such a thing can be said. 

These are just my observations and ramblings 

14 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

They were both visually appealing and worthy of grade :)

as was the first 8.0

4th one appears to be weakest if such a thing can be said. 

These are just my observations and ramblings 

(thumbsu

Lower sales for a book that honestly isn't rare but still broke 200K? This is a monster SA key always will be. Plenty of collectors watching this as new interest from all over the world is coming into this market. Personally if I had extra cash I'd buy extra copies 2-3.0 range books because the  little blue collar collector will alaways chase these in hopes of getting his/her Grail. 

47 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Lower sales for a book that honestly isn't rare but still broke 200K? This is a monster SA key always will be. Plenty of collectors watching this as new interest from all over the world is coming into this market. Personally if I had extra cash I'd buy extra copies 2-3.0 range books because the  little blue collar collector will alaways chase these in hopes of getting his/her Grail. 

Have you gone back and read SC22's posts? Your resemblance to him is uncanny. 

Edited by NoMan

8 minutes ago, NoMan said:
55 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Have you gone back and read SC22's posts? Your resemblance to him is uncanny. 

If he mentions China it's all over.

3 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

"little blue collar collector" ?

9 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

"little blue collar collector" ?

What a dumb thing to say or think.

you know I quoted the same thing and then erased it cause I just didn't want to get into it this morning. Good for you, Sweet Lou.

Edited by NoMan