• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

Anyone notice how the CL 9.0 went up to 415K then came back down to 390K ( where it was sitting at for the last few days ) ?

Edited by Gotham Kid

8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Anyone notice how the CL 9.0 went up to 415K then came back down to 390K ( where it was sitting at for the last few days ) ?

I appreciate you following the various AF15 sales and taking the time to alert us. I'm interested in the ups and downs of this book and don't always have time to peruse the various auction sites. 

Edited by NoMan

18 minutes ago, NoMan said:
8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I appreciate you following the various AF15 sales and taking the time to alert us. I'm interested in the ups and downs of this book and don't always have time to peruse the various auction sites. 

I don't really care for sales prices all that much. I'll leave those to SC22. Just found it curious that bids were retracted on ComicLink ( didn't know that happened )

Edited by Gotham Kid

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I don't really care for sales prices all that much. I'll leave those to SC22. Just found it curious that bids were retracted on ComicLink ( didn't know that happened )

Unlikely a retracted bid.  More likely that the bidder wouldn’t be able to pay if he or she won the auction therefore the bid is removed.   I remember seeing a high bid removed for a hulk 1 cgc 9.0 last year on comiclink 

On 2/26/2018 at 4:51 AM, chrisco37 said:

Agree.  That's a pretty book.  And fairly minor MC in my opinion.   Definitely nicer than 6.0/6.5 as Roy said.  

On 2/26/2018 at 10:11 AM, Dark Knight said:

Yeah the chipping on that copy is definitely in the category of minor and not severe.  Other than that a very nice looking copy.  Congrats!

Yes, it would appear that the current actual amount of chipping on the right hand side is relatively minor for now.  (thumbsu

If you take a closer magnified look at the book though, you'll noticed the multiple cracks along the right edge which indicates to me that there could be substantially more chipping on the book going forward as they pop off.  Maybe these cracks were also taken into account as part of the grading process?  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

3 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Had this slabbed for a customer and it's not for sale but thought you guys would enjoy what is literally once of the nicest 7.0 copies I've ever seen. Yep, back cover is clean and solid.

image.thumb.jpeg.3cfde54d62e44922b1a08537362c7f25.jpeg

You can't tell much from a scan...remember? :bigsmile:

+1. Just kidding. The nicest 7.0 I've ever seen. What downgrades it R?

4 hours ago, Spyderfan said:

Wow!  That sure is one beautiful 7.0!  Woulda been a great candidate for my upgrade.

+1

Definitely a far superior looking copy as compared to the higher graded CGC 7.5 Marvel chipped copy.   :takeit:

17 hours ago, lou_fine said:

+1

Definitely a far superior looking copy as compared to the higher graded CGC 7.5 Marvel chipped copy.   :takeit:

Can't argue with that! - hard to believe they didn't give higher than 7.0 on that copy!

19 hours ago, peewee22 said:

You can't tell much from a scan...remember? :bigsmile:

+1. Just kidding. The nicest 7.0 I've ever seen. What downgrades it R?

From the front cover scan, it looks to have some edge tanning along the bottom and right edges.  If the interior covers suffer from edge tanning, in my experience, CGC will lower their grade, the amount depending on the severity of the tanning.

I haven't seen the one on CL but I take note that Bob Storms recently sold the 6.0 he has had for several months listed  for 67.5K  He certainly knows his clientele. 

Edited by Glassman10
small error with grade