• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

I think CGC blue labels are hard to find now . You see lots of qualified and yellow labels. Yes there are some great mid grade blues out there but I can’t afford those . Judging from avengers infinity war trailer more Interest will come to these early books. I’m going to sit back and enjoy 

AF 15 will NEVER be hard to find, just need to have the $$$ to buy a copy.  You see one in practically every auction from CL, CC, HA as well as on ebay and dealer's websites.  There's never a shortage to buy a copy.  Only exception would be in higher grades.

15 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

AF 15 will NEVER be hard to find, just need to have the $$$ to buy a copy.  You see one in practically every auction from CL, CC, HA as well as on ebay and dealer's websites.  There's never a shortage to buy a copy.  Only exception would be in higher grades.

+ 1

I don't see many new graded copies coming into play. Seems like recycled or resubbed ones.

4 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Please don't quote me. I disagree with nearly everything you say (or write).

And yes I disagree with you on what you are writing now and an AF #15 CGC 4.5 was a $35K book last summer.

That's not to say that prices are tanking. Everyone is over reacting based on one data point / price (which is not how to analyze a market).

The fact that people argue over one sale is just nuts and it shows how nuts this market is and how nuts people are to defend their own vested interests.

Not sure what you're hyperventilating about since the extent of what I have done was quote GPA and other public data points to refute baseless generalisations and hyperbole and say what you just said.  Interesting how you "disagree" with me and then just essentially reiterated every point I made.  

That must have taken some effort. lol

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

5 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Interesting how you "disagree" with me and then just essentially reiterated every point I made.

That must have taken some effort. lol

-J.

I disagree with all of you..... whether you're right or wrong :sumo: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

6 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Not sure what you're hyperventilating about since the extent of what I have done was quote GPA and other public data points to refute baseless generalisations and hyperbole and say what you just said.  Interesting how you "disagree" with me and then just essentially reiterated every point I made.

I still disagree with everything you say but having a debate with you is like playing twister with Mr. Fantastic. You twist and contort and are never wrong.

But you are usually wrong.

5 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I still disagree with everything you say but having a debate with you is like playing twister with Mr. Fantastic. You twist and contort and are never wrong.

But you are usually wrong.

What you mean to say is that it's too difficult debating your (usually baseless) OPINIONS with someone who uses actual facts and data points to embarrass you. 

Same diff though.  I'm always locked and loaded with more of the same for you whenever you're ready, mate.  (thumbsu

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

What you mean to say is that it's too difficult debating your (usually baseless) OPINIONS with someone who uses actual facts and data points to embarrass you. 

Yep, that's what I said. You have your unstoppable A game and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

lol

Here's a flower. :foryou:

Very nice AF15 6.5 on ebay that ended at 65K

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1962-SILVER-AGE-AMAZING-FANTASY-15-CGC-6-5-UNIVERSAL-KEY-1ST-SPIDER-MAN-OW/253496483977?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Suspected shill bidding copy mentioned a few posts up. 175 bids is :smirk:

Edited by Gotham Kid

13 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Man, GPA high on eBay!  Pretty impressive.  Great looking copy too.

16 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Man, GPA high on eBay!  Pretty impressive.  Great looking copy too.

But but but.... we were just told by the peanut gallery that prices are dropping and/or down to 2016 levels....? (shrug)

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

12 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

How can a 6.5 sell for 65 and a 7.0 sell for 110 ? That's nuts.

It must be something in the psychology of 7.0 that appeals to folks, like the "Very fine" part of F/VF just sets some people off. When you look at the census they are very similar numbers universal, like only 8 apart. Market inefficiency I guess.