• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Just now catching up on the nonsense in this thread from 12/17-current. Some of you guys are drinking the 2008-09 house pricing crisis Kool Aide on this book. If this book went up everyday then it would be a bubble and our hobby is over.  However there hasn't been one day since CGC was created that AF 15's were never not in demand or went down in price historically over the long-run. Also due to the  AF 15's pricing uptick ASM #1 is now red hot. 

Leveling off is not the same as the book dropping in price.   Just because the last copy of AF #15 CGC XXX sold for 5% less doesn't mean anything.  Each book in grade you need to evaluate it. 

Did it have good eye appeal?

Did it have good PQ?

Did it have writing or date stamps on it?

Did it have good color strike?

Did it have rusty staples?

Did it have tape on the inside cover?

Did you even agree with which ever 3rd party company assigned the grade?

Did it sell in November-March when people dont usually have money to burn like they do in April through August?

I have attended and worked 4 major comic conventions so far this year, and its the same a per usual with this question I have to answer 50 times a day.

"Excuse me, How much is that AF 15 you have on the wall"?

If anything right now is a perfect time to buy your AF 15 and a Hulk #1 while everyone else is on the X-men #1 and FF #1 4 5 gravy train. 

chooooo chooooooooooooooo

Nailed it.  As I’ve said before, it’s the #3 book in the hobby.  

And the only one where the entry point might be attainable for a majority of collectors.

3 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Nailed it.  As I’ve said before, it’s the #3 book in the hobby.  

And the only one where the entry point might be attainable for a majority of collectors.

I got what I got. It went through a dealer, a good one. Please proceed.. I'm just a dumb bystander. 

Awesome posts I couldn’t agree more. 

Off topic pic question I noticed reference to Fantastic Four 4 as being on gravey train . Why is that? I know the importance of the book being 1st app SA Namor why else? I bought my cgc 6.0 in 2008 for 800.00 Canadian because I loved the character no other reason . I hope he hits big screen.

On 4/15/2018 at 4:24 PM, Subby1938 said:

Awesome posts I couldn’t agree more. 

Off topic pic question I noticed reference to Fantastic Four 4 as being on gravey train . Why is that? I know the importance of the book being 1st app SA Namor why else? I bought my cgc 6.0 in 2008 for 800.00 Canadian because I loved the character no other reason . I hope he hits big screen.

Because people assume Subby will now be in a movie in the not too distant future.

Ahhhhh. I like the idea of that because I feel he’s very important to Marvel as one of early flag ship characters and they need aquatic character to round out their “ world “ .

galactic heroes covered

gods covered

magic users covered

earth bound characters covered

water????

as for spikes in value I could care less I have all his major keys and have had them for over decade because I loved the character. Everything else is bonus. 

Universal still has the rights to submariner and Disney does not seem to be in any rush to get the rights back.  If people really are only buying FF 4 because they believe he will be in a movie any time soon, they will be disappointed.  

-J.

13 minutes ago, paul747 said:

Or ...... most silver age semi key and key books have increased in price.

I believe he is referring to FF's mainly. 

The only reason FF 1 4 5 48 etc have gone up in price is because Marvel got the movie rights back.   FF #1 basically doubled in price over night.

20 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I believe he is referring to FF's mainly. 

The only reason FF 1 4 5 48 etc have gone up in price is because Marvel got the movie rights back.   FF #1 basically doubled in price over night.

FF1 could 4x in price and still be undervalued IMO. It's the 1st true Marvel comic created. 2c

Let's just say what if Marvels FF movie would suck like the previous ones,  would that bring down the value of FF 1 or no impact at all? I'm curious to see what happens. I really hope there is no impact at all. It's just a great book to have.

These are old comics 1962 era. Not easy to come by in 6.0 and up in the wild. All comics are being affected by the movies that will level off but these early issues of FF are all big imo . Introduce the first major team and villains in MU. 

Disney has Namor back in their stable you will see an aquatic hero in near future I’m sure of it. I’d bet he’s also the only ethnic group not represented by any super hero’s yet.....Asian! You heard it here first 

On 4/18/2018 at 2:19 AM, Subby1938 said:

These are old comics 1962 era. Not easy to come by in 6.0 and up in the wild. All comics are being affected by the movies that will level off but these early issues of FF are all big imo . Introduce the first major team and villains in MU. 

Disney has Namor back in their stable you will see an aquatic hero in near future I’m sure of it. I’d bet he’s also the only ethnic group not represented by any super hero’s yet.....Asian! You heard it here first 

As jaydog mentioned universal still has namor rights, not marvel or Disney. Wouldn’t hold my breath on this one. Though maybe one day. 

Hulk also is held by Universal what’s your point ? You’ll never ever see a Hulk solo movie ever again and I’m sure Namor will not get solo but will be used same way in MCU as Hulk. Easter eggs are already in place revisit IM2 

Per Kevin Feige when being interviewed by IGN:

"IGN: Finally, there were rumours circulating awhile back that Universal and Legendary Pictures were developing a Sub-Mariner movie, but there was also some confusion about who holds the rights to the character. So could Legendary make that movie at this point?

Feige: No.

IGN: So if a film were to happen it would be you guys making it?

Feige: Yes, but it’s slightly more complicated than that. Let’s put it this way – there are entanglements that make it less easy. There are older contracts that still involve other parties that mean we need to work things out before we move forward on it. As opposed to an Iron Man or any of the Avengers or any of the other Marvel characters where we could just put them in."

Words mean stuff...and besides Feige's direct response of "yes", "less easy" struck me as a telling response. Not hard, but easy...just "less" easy than other characters. Also, don't forget Feige is a super fan...to think he's not in a "rush" to get Namor back is silly. Connect the dots...if you're waiting for actual news, you're going to be late.

Hey Fella's! Can I join too? 

Fresh back from CGC, not too happy with the grade, I don't mind the qualified but I think this should have been in the 2.0-3.0 range. No writing, tape, missing pages etc. Extremely solid example

Love this book but  I could use the cash so its time for someone else to enjoy. Feel free to send offers, request for additional pictures or questions!

SPI3.thumb.jpg.de2f07edd41076cbd84de720da5e72de.jpgSPI2.thumb.jpg.389e2481806ab8ba123aee98e6143934.jpgSPID1.thumb.jpg.8bf05f6ba7e0802bee171a651ed780a9.jpg

58 minutes ago, Barry Allen123 said:

Hey Fella's! Can I join too? 

Fresh back from CGC, not too happy with the grade, I don't mind the qualified but I think this should have been in the 2.0-3.0 range. No writing, tape, missing pages etc. Extremely solid example

Love this book but  I could use the cash so its time for someone else to enjoy. Feel free to send offers, request for additional pictures or questions!

SPI3.thumb.jpg.de2f07edd41076cbd84de720da5e72de.jpgSPI2.thumb.jpg.389e2481806ab8ba123aee98e6143934.jpgSPID1.thumb.jpg.8bf05f6ba7e0802bee171a651ed780a9.jpg

Put it here in a sales thread and you may get a better response and a larger crowd of potential buyers:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/61-goldensilverbronze-age-only/

Nice copy by the way and welcome to the boards!

Edited by Philreal