• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Interesting to note that the user's name is trustme911 and that he/she mentions the bay's money-back guarantee not once, but twice.

Edited by PRTeckie

11 hours ago, VintageComics said:

That's strange. The link is bringing me to an ASM #16, but the URL even says it's an AF 15. That happening to anyone else?

35 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

If it were me, I would probably submit to CCS to have the color touch removed and try to get that blue label.

Problem with that is the color touch is amateur which means materials that can't be removed were used; a magic marker would be in this category. I find that even when the CT is removable, the book often looks much worse afterwards. Areas where the cover has been scraped down to bare paper don’t appeal to me.

Edited by Dick Pontoon

11 hours ago, Pontoon said:

I find that even when the CT is removable, the book often looks much worse afterwards. Areas where the cover has been scraped down to bare paper don’t appeal to me.

I agree. The color scrape is so obvious as the paper underneath is usually snow white. It looks terrible. IMO, it is destruction, done to game the system for profit. This book should stay as is. I like Bob's suggestion of ripping off the cover better than the color scrape.

5 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

Actually if a book has slight CT on one or two corners only, youll optimize the book by ripping off said corners. And away goes the ct.

True but the corners are not the usual target for CT. It's usually on the spine tics, often by the staple area. BTW, don't  rip the corners off, use a fingernail clipper to get a rounded effect and CGC may allow it as a bindery flaw, a chip that fell off.   

On 6/1/2018 at 10:09 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

True but the corners are not the usual target for CT. It's usually on the spine tics, often by the staple area. BTW, don't  rip the corners off, use a fingernail clipper to get a rounded effect and CGC may allow it as a bindery flaw, a chip that fell off.   

(tsk)"Clipping" is a 15 yard penalty assessed from the previous line of scrimmage.