• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, VintageComics said:

No they won't. If there is value in the book educated flippers will bid.

true, but that educated flipper would really need to have a good handle on the market (or maybe have buyers lined up).  I know a few guys that have restored major keys sitting in their inventory for more than a year while the unrestored ones were fluid. $50-100k tied up in inventory would be rough.  I guess worst comes to worst, one can always move it at a loss if the educated guess was wrong

Edited by Spiderturtle

6 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

true, but that educated flipper would really need to have a good handle on the market (or maybe have buyers lined up).  I know a few guys that have restored major keys sitting in their inventory for more than a year while the unrestored ones were fluid. $50-100k tied up in inventory would be rough.  I guess worst comes to worst, one can always move it at a loss if the educated guess was wrong

It always comes down to the amount of resto and type of resto vs. the price.

Not all restored books are the same, even if the CGC label says the exact same thing on it between two books.

On 5/16/2018 at 4:18 PM, Gotham Kid said:

40K is the highest I was willing to go, I will not bid higher. Obviously someone feels it is worth more to them and has bid higher. Who knows where the hammer is going to end on this one. If memory serves, I recall a 9.6 (or was it a 9.4 ?) sell for 50K a few years back ( but there was only 1 copy in 9.6 at the time )

Don't expect this AF15 9.6 to be a 100K book. That would represent 6-7% of what I guess a blue label would sell for.

I think it breaks 100,000$. Wonder what the notes say. 

My guess based on fc scan, chip filled, and some spine stresses filled. I’d like to get it was 7.0 range pre resto. 

like a proud parent i must say that that's my old copy, which i traded to omaha-cgc to upgrade to a 4.5 that's similarly well presenting and has no chipping. but i still miss this one too. scored it from an ebay seller that i worked a private deal with in 2015 for a good price, although not cheap. 

1.5 sold on CL for 10,500. Lot of brown tape on cover hurt it, but still someone got a good price. Pages were decent quality too....having said that its still shocking that a taped up 1.5 sells for over 10k but its the new market. I imagine without the tape it woulda been like 11,500-12k.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FCGCALLSUB.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26Graded%3DCGC%26id%3D4552%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D%23Item_1251292&id=1251292&itemType=0

45 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

1.5 sold on CL for 10,500. Lot of brown tape on cover hurt it, but still someone got a good price. Pages were decent quality too....having said that its still shocking that a taped up 1.5 sells for over 10k but its the new market. I imagine without the tape it woulda been like 11,500-12k.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FCGCALLSUB.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26Graded%3DCGC%26id%3D4552%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D%23Item_1251292&id=1251292&itemType=0

This exact copy sold for $11255.00 in the Nov CL auction.

48 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Plus the sizable chunk missing from the back cover.

22 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

This exact copy sold for $11255.00 in the Nov CL auction.

yes and the seller recently tried to sell it here for about 13k, i believe. most likely, many potential comiclink bidders also use this site. 6 months is apparently too fast to try and flip this book, especially not having had luck selling it here. of course, at another time, or with another book, 6 months is ample time to make a nice profit.