• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2017 at 1:45 PM, drbanner said:

The AF 15 data on the left in the graphic below includes grades from 3.5 to 6.0 and has a couple of the Peak-AF 15 prices, it doesn't include "those crazy CC auction prices" (which I guess Metro will eventually report to GPA) and of course doesn't include the Clink prices since they don't report. The data on the right show Peak-Hulk1 occurring about 2 years ago before prices stagnated. I'll revisit this in six months and we'll see if the AF15 graphic continues to look like it does now...or more like the Hulk 1 data. (thumbsu

Hulk1_AF15_35_60_June%209_zpsmqmwklkm.jp

Ok, a year later and here we are - Hulk 1 is starting to show a little movement after 3 years of stagnation while AF 15 remains below peak prices of a few years ago. The action on the Silver Age keys this year seems to be focused on FF 1, Spidey 1, JIM 83, and ToS 39.

211331575_Hulk1_AF15_35_60_June12_2018.thumb.jpg.01285cb5c3dd5b74bfc61b7a6a90a74a.jpg

Edited by drbanner

3 hours ago, drbanner said:

Ok, a year later and here we are - Hulk 1 is starting to show a little movement after 3 years of stagnation while AF 15 remains below peak prices of a few years ago. The action on the Silver Age keys this year seems to be focused on FF 1, Spidey 1, JIM 83, and ToS 39.

211331575_Hulk1_AF15_35_60_June12_2018.thumb.jpg.01285cb5c3dd5b74bfc61b7a6a90a74a.jpg

Wonder what it was that created that AF15 mania about a year and a half ago? 

Blah, blah, blah movies.  I still don’t understand how this superhero film trend continues. I see the movies. Generally on airplanes. They’re insufferable. I’ll probably see some more on a trip overseas in about two weeks. I’m that bored and trapped. 

I said the same thing about reality tv in the early 00s when it was starting to become popular. It’s so dumb how can it last? But look at it now. 

So invest up in those movie books. 

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, drbanner said:

when I use gpa for silver age keys, I know that it's missing about 70 per cent of data.  it's missing dealer transactions, comiclink, comicconnect(when they want to report to gpa).  it's missing lots of data.  I'm confident when I use gpa for a bronze or copper keys, say hulk 181 or spidey 300 but when it comes to silver age keys, I'm hesistant.

34 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

when I use gpa for silver age keys, I know that it's missing about 70 per cent of data.  it's missing dealer transactions, comiclink, comicconnect(when they want to report to gpa).  it's missing lots of data.  I'm confident when I use gpa for a bronze or copper keys, say hulk 181 or spidey 300 but when it comes to silver age keys, I'm hesistant.

This is a good point.  I know the majority of my transactions for silver age keys are not reported to GPA.

2 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

The AF 15 data reflects 38 sales over the last 12 months, the Hulk data reflects 25 sales over the last 12 months. Whatever the sales venue, it's pretty obvious that AF 15 sales peaked a few years ago and have dropped slightly since then, while Hulk 1 is starting to gain some traction after ~3 years of stagnation. The red dots in this image are data from one of the "missing" data sources you mention - fairly consistent with the data reported to GPA.

Hulk1_AF15_35_60_June12_2018.jpg.07e4798dbd42a039460ed1bb05ad4c49.jpg

Edited by drbanner

I backed away from this thread some time ago since I tired of masses dumping on my sale through Bob Storms for 55K on an  AF15 5.0 sometimes back last fall. Well, that happened.  Now. I see Storms  pricing being somewhat lower than a year back/ I sold at the right time for my needs.  Your answers seem to me  to me to be a continuation of current day to day sell price of the book, It seems that this thread is a continuation of that tracking despite protestations to the contrast about purity and all. 

Selling and buying at the right time has always been the mystery of markets. If you want money, focus there, right now. If you want a bad example of early original artwork on AF15. Buy it. Beyond that, it will continue to rise but not enough for for day traders/  After all, I held mine for fifty years. These days. I buy VISA and MC.  I read my JIM's. Thor fighting revolutionaries in central America. Who knew?

16 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

Hey, didn’t you sell sale through Bob Storms for 55K on an  AF15 5.0 sometimes back last fall? Can’t remember if anyone mentioned it yet.  

:roflmao:

22 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

I backed away from this thread some time ago since I tired of masses dumping on my sale through Bob Storms for 55K on an  AF15 5.0 sometimes back last fall. Well, that happened.  Now. I see Storms  pricing being somewhat lower than a year back/ I sold at the right time for my needs.  Your answers seem to me  to me to be a continuation of current day to day sell price of the book, It seems that this thread is a continuation of that tracking despite protestations to the contrast about purity and all. 

Selling and buying at the right time has always been the mystery of markets. If you want money, focus there, right now. If you want a bad example of early original artwork on AF15. Buy it. Beyond that, it will continue to rise but not enough for for day traders/  After all, I held mine for fifty years. These days. I buy VISA and MC.  I read my JIM's. Thor fighting revolutionaries in central America. Who knew?

Not to be rude or anything but just wanted to say.. WE KNOW! You keep repeating yourself about your sale of $55K with Bob last fall over and over again.  Everyone on here plus their grandmas and pets know already. It's all over the radio, newspaper, and billboards. Even Buzz Lightyear who first step into the moon knows. Congrats you sold at the right time so just move on from it please. Majority here are tired of reading the same line from you. 

Edited by Dark Knight

I think it's been over a month since I had anything to say on the subject. The point was that a market high was reached last august for that range sale and has fallen since. I indeed got lucky along with a very experienced man in the trade doing the sale. Since then, prices have fibrillated at best.  

What I see now coming back to visit the "Club" is that it imply churns existing issues, now focusing on 2.5 and below and decrying sales conditions. It all aims at ebay offers which in my view are highly risky ways to do this stuff.  More often the view is aimed at whether an offer is a fraud.  I would not want to work under those conditions. If I was doing this again, I'd be placing ads in newspapers offering to buy collections.  Then I would actually have to do some work. 

Bob was highly professional and deserves great credit for doing what he does so well. He's at the top for good reason.   For my critics, it was worse than you may have thought. I owned the book fifty years and paid nothing for it. I started, with this group turning down an offer for under 10k for the book. 25K for the whole collection. The generosity was overwhelming. 

2 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

I think it's been over a month since I had anything to say on the subject. The point was that a market high was reached last august for that range sale and has fallen since. I indeed got lucky along with a very experienced man in the trade doing the sale. Since then, prices have fibrillated at best.  

What I see now coming back to visit the "Club" is that it imply churns existing issues, now focusing on 2.5 and below and decrying sales conditions. It all aims at ebay offers which in my view are highly risky ways to do this stuff.  More often the view is aimed at whether an offer is a fraud.  I would not want to work under those conditions. If I was doing this again, I'd be placing ads in newspapers offering to buy collections.  Then I would actually have to do some work. 

Bob was highly professional and deserves great credit for doing what he does so well. He's at the top for good reason.   For my critics, it was worse than you may have thought. I owned the book fifty years and paid nothing for it. I started, with this group turning down an offer for under 10k for the book. 25K for the whole collection. The generosity was overwhelming. 

You owned it for 50 years? You don't say... :news: