• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, DST said:

My club credentials arrived today!!!!  I’m truly fortunate to have been able to pay off my first ever copy much sooner than expected.  I’ll never forget the feeling of opening the mail and holding this beauty in my hands for the first time.  I’ll be forever grateful to @Ricksneatstuff for selling to me, allowing me to become this clubs newest member  :acclaim:

801C7AF8-B2AE-4CD2-A8D1-50DA145B7934.jpeg

Outstanding copy!  Congratulations!

11 minutes ago, DST said:

My club credentials arrived today!!!!  I’m truly fortunate to have been able to pay off my first ever copy much sooner than expected.  I’ll never forget the feeling of opening the mail and holding this beauty in my hands for the first time.  I’ll be forever grateful to @Ricksneatstuff for selling to me, allowing me to become this clubs newest member  :acclaim:

(worship) This is huge, congrats and be proud! Very very nice copy!

39 minutes ago, DST said:

congrats dave!!! really does look nice in that new holder too!

22 hours ago, Drummy said:

Finally back in the club (yay!) with this copy -- I will probably upgrade someday when the timing is right, but for now I like the eye appeal for the grade.

Thanks for showing all these other copies as well!

Dan

Amazing Fantasy 15 2.5.jpg

i think this is the nicest 2.5 i've ever seen. is there a giant hole in the back? 

No giant holes anywhere -- lots of small tears along the spine, reinforced by tape, and the other long creases.  General wear and tear.  Excellent eye appeal, though, which is why I picked it up.

And speaking of eye appeal, I love that 4.0!  Congrats!

Dan

2 hours ago, DST said:

Congrats Dave on an amazing acquisition!!! :headbang: Really happy for you!  Easily one of the nicest 4.0's I've ever seen, with no Marvel Chipping, beautifully centered and eye popping colors!  :cloud9:

On 7/18/2018 at 4:21 PM, Drummy said:

No giant holes anywhere -- lots of small tears along the spine, reinforced by tape, and the other long creases.  General wear and tear.  Excellent eye appeal, though, which is why I picked it up.

And speaking of eye appeal, I love that 4.0!  Congrats!

Dan

That tape doesn't stand out too bad either like a lot of bad tape jobs. Congrats!

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2018july%26session%3D1%23Item_1263014&id=1263014&itemType=0

so, the latest 4.5 has horrible chipping all along the right side, but white pages. what do you think? does the chipping outweigh the great page quality, or vice versa, or do they cancel each other out? prices vary so much on this book, often depending on chipping, but one rarely sees a badly chipped copy with such great page quality. 

21 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2018july%26session%3D1%23Item_1263014&id=1263014&itemType=0

so, the latest 4.5 has horrible chipping all along the right side, but white pages. what do you think? does the chipping outweigh the great page quality, or vice versa, or do they cancel each other out? prices vary so much on this book, often depending on chipping, but one rarely sees a badly chipped copy with such great page quality. 

For me, I say chipping is more important than page quality.  The book is encapsulated and probably will be for the rest of its life.  Who is even going to see the pages? Who will handle it? Nobody.  But everyone will see the chipping on the cover. My 2c

1 hour ago, Spyder! said:

For me, I say chipping is more important than page quality.  The book is encapsulated and probably will be for the rest of its life.  Who is even going to see the pages? Who will handle it? Nobody.  But everyone will see the chipping on the cover. My 2c

Well...I do. I busted open my 7.5 years ago and the Board gasped. I had to see those WPs (My avatar is the book). Resubbed it and it luckily came back the same. :wishluck:

18 hours ago, peewee22 said:

Well...I do. I busted open my 7.5 years ago and the Board gasped. I had to see those WPs (My avatar is the book). Resubbed it and it luckily came back the same. :wishluck:

WOW! Ok, well I stand corrected!  I think you may be the exception though...

20 hours ago, peewee22 said:

Cool, and I do remember that years ago. Do you recall my restored 9.0 that I broke out to let Stan sign, and I posted the pictures of it in hand? I have the same view of the interior page, below;

I loved seeing it in person, the raw books mean much more than the sealed CGC versions. The smell and the sense of how fragile they are, every one, new or old, is very special.

PICT2729.JPG

2 hours ago, Peter Loves Gwen said:

Cool, and I do remember that years ago. Do you recall my restored 9.0 that I broke out to let Stan sign, and I posted the pictures of it in hand? I have the same view of the interior page, below;

I loved seeing it in person, the raw books mean much more than the sealed CGC versions. The smell and the sense of how fragile they are, every one, new or old, is very special.

PICT2729.JPG

Wow, just smell those damn pages! Incredible.

On 7/19/2018 at 10:03 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

The 4.5 with "white pages" on the label closed for $29k.  Which is nearly $5k below what this 4.5 with a razor sharp edge with "cream to white pages" on the label sold for just a few days earlier:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-vg-45-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/121828-13187.s

-J.

51 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

The 4.5 with "white pages" on the label closed for $29k.  Which is nearly $5k below what this 4.5 with a razor sharp edge with "cream to white pages" on the label sold for just a few days earlier:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-vg-45-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/121828-13187.s

-J.

thanks for sharing that, i was not following the HA book. i'm glad to know that at least some buyers value appearance over what a label says. full disclosure-- i'm biased, as i have a copy with no chipping too, and good page quality, but not "white pages."

AF15-4.5-front.jpg

12 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

thanks for sharing that, i was not following the HA book. i'm glad to know that at least some buyers value appearance over what a label says. full disclosure-- i'm biased, as i have a copy with no chipping too, and good page quality, but not "white pages."

AF15-4.5-front.jpg

You have a superior 4.5.  Nicely done.  

-J.

5 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

thank goodness the marvel chipped copy had "white" pages, or it might have sold for 26K like the marvel chipped "off white" page copy just sold for a few months ago...whew :baiting: