• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I guess I must not understand what's out there, but are there really that many free-floating pages of comic books out there, that someone would need to assemble them like that?  Even when I hear about a cover being married to a complete set of interior pages, I'm sort of scratching my head wondering how that happens.  I can see why a book would have a damaged cover you'd like to replace with a better cover, but I don't quite understand where that better cover comes from and why it isn't already attached to some perfectly acceptable interior pages.

Yeah I'm not 100% sure either, but I'm guessing the center wrap would be the most common thing missing after the cover. I guess other wrap would be to replace a wrap where a page was ripped out. I'm not sure how a better cover ends up selling on it's own. I guess it became detached & then the book was lost? Only thing i can think of.

Wonder what the ending price would be on the CC 8.0 if it wasn’t SS? 

More, less, or the same?

Another of life’s mysteries that will never have a definitive answer I guess. 

Edited by NoMan

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Wonder what the ending price would be on the CC 8.0 if it wasn’t SS? 

More, less, or the same?

Another of life’s mysteries that will never have a definitive answer I guess. 

we'll get a definitive answer in 5 days 8 hours and 24 minutes, maybe a little longer if the 3 minute extension gets activated :wink:

52 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

we'll get a definitive answer in 5 days 8 hours and 24 minutes, maybe a little longer if the 3 minute extension gets activated :wink:

we're gonna get a definitive selling price of an 8.0 SS. I'm curious what that 8.0 would have sold for if it wasn't SS.

11 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

I prefer it be not a SS or have a date stamp at such a high grade but the way I see is that it'll keep its value if the winner had to sell it down the road.  Isn't a signature similar to a date stamp?   A date stamp has a more a "vintage" feel to it I suppose.  Seems like there's good amount of boardies that like date stamps

I don't care for signatures on books of that caliber, although it's a better SL signature than many, many I see. Maybe because of the caliber of the book it just doesn't matter if it's SS or not. I would just love to know what that book would sell for if it wasn't an SS and there is simply no way to know. 

Edited by NoMan

12 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I don't care for SS on books of the caliber, although it's a better SL signature than many, many I see. Maybe because of the caliber of the book it just doesn't matter if it's SS or not. I would just love to know what that book would sell for if it wasn't an SS and there is simply no way to know. 

there were 3 different 8.0s that sold on CL in the last few years, each had different flaws.  maybe we can compare them value wise.  it's already at higher value than that pre-chipped 8.0 that sold on CL in the last year.  

Edited by Spiderturtle

32 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

there were 3 different 8.0s that sold on CL in the last few years, each had different flaws.  maybe we can compare them value wise.  it's already at higher value than that pre-chipped 8.0 that sold on CL in the last year.  

The highest public auction is 261k, next 235K, and the pre-chipped sold 218K on the CL exchange. ;)

2 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

The highest public auction is 261k, next 235K, and the pre-chipped sold 218K on the CL exchange. ;)

what's pre-chipped mean? I know MC of course, just getting a little confused over here. 

15 minutes ago, NoMan said:

what's pre-chipped mean? I know MC of course, just getting a little confused over here. 

Chips forming, starting, or cracking on the edges...the beginning of the end. :flamed:

Edited by peewee22

6 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Chips forming, starting, or cracking on the edges...the beginning of the end. :flamed:

Not all copies with pre-chipping will get worst as long as stored well. Obviously some books with pre-chipping may have more chances of pieces chipping off due to chips hanging on to it's dare life.

33 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

peewee answered your question, but if you like to see that 8.0...check ebay. :smile:

ok, it's coming back to me. bought for 218K, flip for 300k. nice work if you can get it. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-8-0-UNRESTORED-1st-Appearance-of-Spider-Man-300K-VALUE/283107690314?epid=85393914&hash=item41ea88874a:g:8JUAAOSwB-Na-fo-

Edited by NoMan

On 8/23/2018 at 4:40 PM, Spiderturtle said:

Af15's doing pretty well in the CL and CC auctions.  8.0 on CC will probably end in the $200k+ mark, 7.0 already at $100k, 4.5 at already at $26k

In your opinion how did yesterday's (8/28/18)  CL AF15 7.0 sale of $116k fit into things?

Edited by NoMan