• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

On 10/23/2018 at 8:35 PM, Jordysnordy said:

2 CL sales tonight. One lower than one would think, one higher - 96K and 9K

472A8A64-FE17-4984-8509-293E9A0ED1D5.jpeg

I don't think it's a bad result. It's at the lower end of the 7.0 price range but it does have a few things that might reduce the size of the bidding pool including COW pages and a miswrap.

I think it's an decent to a strong result.

Edited by VintageComics

2 hours ago, peewee22 said:

Just a tweek away from an 8. I think the staple placement hurts it.

Color breaking, crescent shaped bump to spine. :gossip:

8 hours ago, peewee22 said:

Just a tweek away from an 8. I think the staple placement hurts it.

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=802791

50.jpg

IMO, it's only a tweak above a 7.0 . You are correct about the staple location, which resulted in a lot of stress and wear at the staples. Lots of spine creases, both front and back cover. Anybody buying this as a possible upgrade candidate will be disappointed.

7 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

IMO, it's only a tweak above a 7.0 . You are correct about the staple location, which resulted in a lot of stress and wear at the staples. Lots of spine creases, both front and back cover. Anybody buying this as a possible upgrade candidate will be disappointed.

Yeah, looks like it has been pressed. Nothing more to do. Very nice book but buy it to own it.

14 hours ago, peewee22 said:
19 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Color breaking, crescent shaped bump to spine. :gossip:

...and the distinct stress mark by the A in AMAZING.

Same thing, dork. :baiting:

On 11/2/2018 at 12:23 AM, VintageComics said:

I don't think it's a bad result. It's at the lower end of the 7.0 price range but it does have a few things that might reduce the size of the bidding pool including COW pages and a miswrap.

I think it's an decent to a strong result.

Agree, not a fan of mis-wraps, COWs, date stamps or MCs on AF15s either and I'm just a small time collector.   

On 10/26/2018 at 5:24 PM, fishbone said:

beautiful presenting 2.5 , well done

Thanks. That was my well loved second copy. To this day, I’ve never seen a nicer 2.5. Another boardie owns it now. I have since upgraded, and even though I’ve posted it before, here it is again. It’s the “cornerstone” of my collection. The second picture is a pic without the top defect. I call that pic my 9.2 lol 

A big congrats to DST for nailing down his copy. He is a patient man, and it surely pays off. What a stunner!! 

CEDDE4B3-9F37-4599-928F-ECE5891A3C08.jpeg

7DE4B76D-C05D-4D65-91E8-1E1647FFC7E1.jpeg

Edited by SpideyFein

Yes I do -- no one should have a copy like that unless they're a big-time Spidey fan, which you are!

And I picked up a gorgeous FF #1 in 6.5 wp eventually with part of the funds from our transaction, so we're both sitting pretty with books we love.

Sometimes life is good.

D