• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, carefulsum said:

This 7.0 is up for auction, is this a worthy 7.0? I'm asking because I'm a noob when it comes to AF 15's, thanks!

AF15.PNG.7e495f9c1e29338bfb73a4b31e88b65a.PNG

gotta get grader's notes to answer that question. it's not intelligent to look at front cover only to gauge a proper grade.  but heck, it seems like that's what collecting is coming to these days anyways:

1. look at front cover entombed in plastic. 

2. Grade comic.

23 minutes ago, NoMan said:

gotta get grader's notes to answer that question. it's not intelligent to look at front cover only to gauge a proper grade.  but heck, it seems like that's what collecting is coming to these days anyways:

1. look at front cover entombed in plastic. 

2. Grade comic.

Here you go:

Light crease front cover breaks color
small staple tear top of spine
very small tear left bottom of front cover

Just now, carefulsum said:

Here you go:

Light crease front cover breaks color
small staple tear top of spine
very small tear left bottom of front cover

that's it? damn. didn't say I was an accomplished grader, just saying it's good to get as much info as possible. There's gotta be more grader's notes than that!

12 hours ago, NoMan said:

that's it? damn. didn't say I was an accomplished grader, just saying it's good to get as much info as possible. There's gotta be more grader's notes than that!

Grader's notes are not exhaustive and they are not really meant for the general public.

and thoughts on the 7.0 that went for 114K? For a while it was ahead of the 7.5 $-wise because (I believe) it had a nicer cover and that's what is important in today's entombed-comic-post-it-on-facebook/instagram days!  (tsk)

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-fn-vf-70-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7192-91049.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

There's an 8.0 coming up on CL or CC, also.   Man are there a lot high grade of AF15s out there.

Edited by NoMan

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Damn It! Where the heck are all the smart people to analyzation these new sales!!!

Wish I could help. But the recent 7.0-up sales are all more than either of my first 2 homes cost.  

4 figure sales, I can probably provide some insight.  Maybe even on the (very) low 5-figure books.  

Anything that sold for more than I bought my cars for...I can’t swim in that pond, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, NoMan said:

Damn It! Where the heck are all the smart people to analyzation these new sales!!!

What is there to analyze?

They're right in the range of where they roughly have been ($95-125K for a 7.0 and $150ish for a 7.5), although these are exceptional looking copies so they are on the high side of the range (although I did get $175K for a 7.5 last fall :wink: )

Book seems to be holding it's own.

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Not sure GPA in these kinda big books reveals 

GPA is mostly good but can be misleading.

For example, I've sold two CGC 5.0 copies at WAAAAY over GPA in the last 6 months because GPA has two sales at $33K and $35K but those copies were both badly chipped and so not entirely relevant to unchipped copies.

So you do need to do more than just look at the raw numbers to have a real picture.

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

GPA is mostly good but can be misleading.

For example, I've sold two CGC 5.0 copies at WAAAAY over GPA in the last 6 months because GPA has two sales at $33K and $35K but those copies were both badly chipped and so not entirely relevant to unchipped copies.

So you do need to do more than just look at the raw numbers to have a real picture.

ComicLink listed this copy around the same day you started your last sale thread for a 5.0 with a way lower BIN price than yours. Sale as you know won't go to GPA.

RAD3147E2018113_10937.jpg

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

ComicLink listed this copy around the same day you started your last sale thread for a 5.0 with a way lower BIN price than yours. Sale as you know won't go to GPA.

RAD3147E2018113_10937.jpg

From just looking at this front cover which is never a sure thing, there's probably a good reason why it was priced with a lower BIN relative to its assigned grade.  hm

Makes me wonder if somebody forgot to take their glasses to work that day.  Especially when compared to some of the mid-grade GA books that I have seen being graded recently.  (shrug)