• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

Anybody know what the AF15 CGC 7.0 blue label sold for last night on CL or(CC) EDIT: forget it, I found it, I think - 85k

i cant keep up. More Af15s for sale than poverty row westerns on tv at 3 in the morning.  

8.0 blue label coming up somewhere. Seriously man I lose tract. Tons of af15s.

Edited by NoMan

50 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Anybody know what the AF15 CGC 7.0 blue label sold for last night on CL or(CC) 

i cant keep up. More Af15s for sale than poverty row westerns on tv at 3 in the morning.  

8.0 blue label coming up somewhere. Seriously man I lose tract. Tons of af15s.

85k I think.

5 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Wow, thats the lowest (recorded) price for a 7.0 since February 2016.  

Yes. The 3.5 went for $16984. The 0.5 incomplete finishes in 9 days and is at $4877 right now.

59 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Collectors dislike chips and tanning. That may have kept the price < 100k.

Still a nice copy. 

The 7.0 that sold on HA 2 months ago for $114k looks a full grade higher (or more) than this one.  Definitely the chip & the tanning brought the price down on this one, but still..... $85k seems like a deal.

Wow! What a nice comic for a Newbie to pop in with!  I think you're going to want to ship it over to CCS first for a press and a dryclean.  Looks like a 5.5-6.0 right now but after a press/dryclean maybe a 6.5?

If there's nothing wrong with it (clipped coupons, detached pages, resto, etc...) you're looking at a comic valued somewhere between $45k-$65k.

It's got a lot of Marvel Chipping which will bring the value down a bit, but...... great comic!

Congrats my friend, and welcome to the boards.

Edited by gadzukes

Thanks Gadzukes! I collected as a kid and then after college in the early '90s, but haven't touched my books until 6 months ago. Was floored by how much some accrued value (like this one).  I want to get it graded but i'm a bit hesitant to send it through the mail. I'll need to figure something out. I sent a few books to CGC for the first time this month.

Glad to be in the presence of fellow AF 15 owners!  A fine bunch for sure!

2 hours ago, tbshay said:

Thanks Gadzukes! I collected as a kid and then after college in the early '90s, but haven't touched my books until 6 months ago. Was floored by how much some accrued value (like this one).  I want to get it graded but i'm a bit hesitant to send it through the mail. I'll need to figure something out. I sent a few books to CGC for the first time this month.

Glad to be in the presence of fellow AF 15 owners!  A fine bunch for sure!

Collectibles Insurance covers the copy during transit for grading, at a fraction of the price it would take to replace that copy that is for sure .

Does anyone else just pretend Amazing Fantasy 15 doesnt exist....because you know its now too late to get one ? lol

for me, I'm basically blocking it out like the book doesnt even exist so it doesnt bother me that I dont have it and cant get it.

I have an almost complete Amazing Spider-Man set from 1 to 670...I'm missing 3,8,11,12,13 and 14 from having a complete set....I know longer even consider Amazing Fantasy 15 missing nor do I think about it as a book I need to complete the collection...I have SHUNNED this book because The Pain of knowing I'll never have bothers me too much.

desperate I know....but I recommend giving it a try if you dont have it.....at this point,Its going to be extremely difficult to get one and only getting harder...The Overwhelmingly majority who wants one...at this point will never have one now....I recommend SHUNNING this book  and pretending it doesnt exist...instead of constantly holding out false hope you'll ever get it...

PS, This is a total compliment....the fact are This book Is so Astonishingly Incredible...I cant take the pain of not having it...therefor I completely dont think about it ever, and pretend it doesnt exist.