• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

As others have stated...sell a bunch of books to get one is possible. You might even find a well presenting .5 like I did which is only a .5 because it’s missing pages outside of the Spider-Man story. I would not feel like my collection was complete without this book. I’ve done this with multiple keys and it’s just a great feeling to have the books you really want in a small collection vs a huge pile of books you could do without and not bat an eye. 

Just recently I did this and got a key I never thought I would own....1st dr doom. Sold 50 Spider-Man books from 1-100 range that were not major keys (I kept those) and sold an autographed Pink Floyd guitar I had and boom I got The book without a dollar spent. I will not miss the 1st kangaroo or the 8th doc ock etc. when I know dr. Doom is now mine. 

Edited by jason4

53 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

So has the stock market. 

The DOW opened at just under 20,000 in 2017. Its now at 24,737. Has it come down from its peak? Sure. But I don't see the correlation with a small correction and the comic market being down. Unless the new thing is to buy high and sell low.

4 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

The DOW opened at just under 20,000 in 2017. Its now at 24,737. Has it come down from its peak? Sure. But I don't see the correlation with a small correction and the comic market being down. Unless the new thing is to buy high and sell low.

People in general seem to be more cost conscience when stocks fall esp the past few months or so. Comics, household goods, cars, AF15s, etc.  2c

13 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Yep, the AF15 market peaked (~Summer/Fall 2017) long before the stock market did (Fall 2018), The stock market has actually been on a tear the last 2 months (up ~10+% from the mid-Dec lows) but there are just so many AF15's on the market right now with multiple copies offered in every CL, CC, and Heritage auction. The other Marvel Keys (FF1, ToS 39, X-men 1, etc) all had huge jumps in 2018, will be curious to see what happens in this market over the next 1-2 years.

1001047248_af15hulk1_Dec2018.thumb.jpg.9

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Or not...:p

I was very interested, just didn't have a chance to post yet.  That worked out to about what?..... $23,700 US?  I think the winner got a great comic.  Looks like a 5.0 or so.

In fact that whole collection was gorgeous.  Did you win any of them?  I wish I would have known about the auction.

Edited by gadzukes

2 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I was very interested, just didn't have a chance to post yet.  That worked out to about what?..... $23,700 US?  I think the winner got a great comic.  Looks like a 5.0 or so.

In fact that whole collection was gorgeous.

About that, yes. It was fun to watch live. I was tempted on a few if I'm honest. The estimate (based on a Fine rating) was £8-10K so I was hoping it might go for less if the wrong audience was in place. It clearly didn't!