• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

Are restored AF15s increasing similarly to blue labels?  In addition to my 1.0 blue, I have a 2.5 C3 (no trimming at least).  I've held on to it for a few years, but I wonder if it's better to sell and roll the money into blue label books?

On 2/10/2019 at 5:06 PM, Glassman10 said:

How long does that take? If I were to list a stock at 10:00Am, it would be sold pretty close to the list price at the time. It does vary. I was under the impression that auctions ran for a time period and unless you had a minimum, it could go for about anything. Is that not true?  I've yet to be impressed with an open ebay auction that exceeded market.  My point was about relative liquidity if you suddenly had to sell.  I'm not trying to be difficult, I just want to know how it lands. . 

I'd call Bob and he'd fly in with a suitcase full of BFs (Ben Franklins) by 8:00am..So I have you beat by 2 hrs. Liquidity problem solved.

1 hour ago, mathlete said:

Are restored AF15s increasing similarly to blue labels?  In addition to my 1.0 blue, I have a 2.5 C3 (no trimming at least).  I've held on to it for a few years, but I wonder if it's better to sell and roll the money into blue label books?

As a general rule, “blue label will always trump a plod.”

9 hours ago, mathlete said:

Sure, but what about the rate of increase?  Are both going up by, e.g., 10% a year or are plods going up more slowly?

Plods appreciate much slower than unrestored books, I always try to buy blue label. Not always easy to do since price, eye appeal, etc. Are a factor, but they appreciate faster and are more liquid.

10 hours ago, thedude said:

Plods appreciate much slower than unrestored books, I always try to buy blue label. Not always easy to do since price, eye appeal, etc. Are a factor, but they appreciate faster and are more liquid.

Does the same apply to Signature Series books? What it is the feeling towards the value of those books? Especially, low grade copies. 

21 hours ago, Captain Canuck said:

Does the same apply to Signature Series books? What it is the feeling towards the value of those books? Especially, low grade copies. 

if stan lee is any indicator, SS books only need for the signer to die, sadly, for their value to jump massively. there are only 9 million stan lee signed books out there since he did every show on earth for the last 40 years, but since he passed away, values of his SS books have skyrocketed. it's likely not a durable increase, but those books probably will continue to be worth more than while he was alive. same thing goes for other great creators who passed away. 

SS books appeal to certain collectors, and not others. i would personally not want one, but plenty of collectors love them. now, a book signed by Kirby INSIDE the book would be awesome to have. but that would not have the SS label on it. 

9 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

if stan lee is any indicator, SS books only need for the signer to die, sadly, for their value to jump massively. there are only 9 million stan lee signed books out there since he did every show on earth for the last 40 years, but since he passed away, values of his SS books have skyrocketed. it's likely not a durable increase, but those books probably will continue to be worth more than while he was alive. same thing goes for other great creators who passed away. 

SS books appeal to certain collectors, and not others. i would personally not want one, but plenty of collectors love them. now, a book signed by Kirby INSIDE the book would be awesome to have. but that would not have the SS label on it. 

A local dealer has a Cap 100 with Kirby sig on the first page but he won't sell as he is paralyzed by trying to price it!

On 2/13/2019 at 10:48 AM, UncleBEN said:

Scam for AF15 on Ebay, seller is shown in Ohio but the person hijacking their account is in Los Angeles offering said book for 5k

https://www.ebay.com/itm/amazing-fantasy-15-cgc-4-0/323692855535?hash=item4b5d9900ef:g:uqUAAOSwAWNcY7L7:rk:2:pf:0

Apologies if this is not the correct forum for this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-2-0/323696471849?hash=item4b5dd02f29:g:cl4AAOSw-pBcZya2:rk:1:pf:0

Same scammer , trying to pass of a 2.0 Now

53 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Very nice presenting copy. Great purchase for the buyer, not the result the seller was hoping for. 

The ASM books did VERY well though.