• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

kind of on the low side, no ? very nice looking 7.0 + awesome date stamp

wonder how much Doug bid it up hm

1554213734.jpg

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction/comic/064706/amazing-fantasy-15-cgc-70-ow-w

I was the underbidder and it got snaked out from me, seemed suspicious . When you say bid it up is that a practice from him. I have purchased some big books from him throughout the years outright but never on auction and it seemed that no matter how high I went on many I was always getting hit. That is the nature of high grade ASM'S however I have never been outbid this many times paying multiples of multiples ...soft market NOT so sure anymore

That book is smoking. The whiteness and clean grays are unmatched. Sometimes you bid to resell and sometimes you bid to own. I would have bid to OWN this rascal. 

Yup that certainly is a beauty!  I'm also liking the date stamp and the store stamp at the back.  Gives it character and can trace its provenance!  Well, if this book was shilled, than I'm pretty sure we will see this up for sale again soon.

9 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:
52 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

If Doug bid it up he did a poor job. I think this book could (and shoulda) push 150k with the potentiality in it.

Unless he won it himself :baiting:

I was thinking that too!  He has the book in hand I presume so he can definitely see if the book is worth a press and a grade bump.  If it is, then no question in my mind he would try and win it

On 4/4/2019 at 12:08 AM, UncleBEN said:

Sad thing is that is a VF book with a PRESS, but getting outbid the way I did I stopped and would have paid well over 100k

Why does everyone just assume the book will upgrade?

Does anyone really think Doug would leave a $200K book in a $100K holder? ???

21 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I think there are too many tick marks on the spine for a VF but I think it's well worth the hammer price. What a damn clean back cover, almost as clean as mine. :bigsmile:

55.jpg

Edited by peewee22

29 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Well its not his book, I have purchased several unpressed books from him throughout that years that upgraded. Lately a nice ASM 14 9.4 that pressed into a  9.6

3 minutes ago, UncleBEN said:

Well its not his book, I have purchased several unpressed books from him throughout that years that upgraded. Lately a nice ASM 14 9.4 that pressed into a  9.6

Ah, I see. I didn't think of the possibility that it wasn't his book.

Fair point. I guess we'll see if it comes back to market anytime soon.

22 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

I think there are too many tick marks on the spine for a VF but I think it's well worth the hammer price. What a damn clean back cover, almost as clean as mine. :bigsmile:

55.jpg

That crease on the back cover would press right out, as well as the top edge,  as far as the spine goes looks VF to me . I was really upset I was driving and got sniped on this one

Edited by UncleBEN

On 4/4/2019 at 9:25 AM, Frank Mozz said:

Funny how we all look at things differently, I absolutely love the date stamp on books, for me it in no way devalues the book & only enhances the historic aspect of the book for me.

+1

46 minutes ago, Retroheavy said:

Ok, so I have a pretty nice raw AF15 in the bank. If I want to get the book graded my ONLY option is the "walkthrough" and pay .3 percent FMV?

Send it to Matt Nelson (CCS) first to get it screened for resto and pressing potential, and go from there .............

52 minutes ago, Retroheavy said:

Ok, so I have a pretty nice raw AF15 in the bank. If I want to get the book graded my ONLY option is the "walkthrough" and pay .3 percent FMV?

To answer your question, yes that is currently the only option for CGC grading of a book greater than $3K in value.