• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2019 at 7:05 PM, UncleBEN said:

That crease on the back cover would press right out, as well as the top edge,  as far as the spine goes looks VF to me . I was really upset I was driving and got sniped on this one

There's a 2 inch color-breaking crease which runs through the "PL" in "people" that would keep this book at a 7.0.  I've seen a 7.5 once with a similar crease on a TTA 44 that was otherwise perfect.  You probably did buy the notes but my guess is thats the limiting defect on the book.  If its not in the notes (provided it wasn't graded in 2011) then its likely a scratch on the slab.

On 4/8/2019 at 3:02 PM, Retroheavy said:

Ok, so I have a pretty nice raw AF15 in the bank. If I want to get the book graded my ONLY option is the "walkthrough" and pay .3 percent FMV?

Yep.  Max they'll charge you is 5K for a book.  

It's an AF15.  Send it in.  

6 hours ago, Frank Mozz said:

Currently, have (2) AF15 CGC blue 3.0 If I sell them both & add around 15k around what grade do you think I can pick up and is it a smart upgrade or move .........long term?

It will be easier to sell the 3.0's later down the road, lower graded copies are quickly becoming many collectors only chance at having one. Depending on the eye appeal I think you would get more out of them then the 5.0-5.5 that you could purchase with the flip and added cash now in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, UncleBEN said:

It will be easier to sell the 3.0's later down the road, lower graded copies are quickly becoming many collectors only chance at having one. Depending on the eye appeal I think you would get more out of them then the 5.0-5.5 that you could purchase with the flip and added cash now in my opinion. 

That makes sense

13 hours ago, Frank Mozz said:

Currently, have (2) AF15 CGC blue 3.0 If I sell them both & add around 15k around what grade do you think I can pick up and is it a smart upgrade or move .........long term?

You just have to laugh at human nature......................... I put this post up to just get an idea if it was a smart long term move on my part and at this point about 12hr later I got 2 legit responses and 5pms asking if I could send pics of both books and did I have a BIN price for either. Some cool some not " what's the best price for a fellow boardie?" People just never cease to amaze me.  To be clear I was asking for some input into the move not trying to make a sale.

Edited by Frank Mozz

13 hours ago, Frank Mozz said:

I think you need to get into 6.0 territory for it to be a financial gain long term.  6.0 and up is really when the POP starts to notably drop and to the point where you can start seeing more significant price divergence across grades.  2.x/3.x/4 are the most common slabbed grades (in reality 1.x are probably most common but many remain unslabbed).  But there are only so many people who can own the 9, 8, 7s etc and others will have to settle on 6.

I think you'd need a little more juice to get into 6.0 range unless your 3.0s are both very high end/ exceptional examples. Agree with others on 3.0 being much more liquid if that's of any concern to you.

3 hours ago, Frank Mozz said:

You just have to laugh at human nature......................... I put this post up to just get an idea if it was a smart long term move on my part and at this point about 12hr later I got 2 legit responses and 5pms asking if I could send pics of both books and did I have a BIN price for either. Some cool some not " what's the best price for a fellow boardie?" People just never cease to amaze me.  To be clear I was asking for some input into the move not trying to make a sale.

And if a boardie offered you 30K each? :)  In all seriousness I would hold onto both copies if they do not have any chipping. Makes me wonder how many inquiries are made on these threads though for those posting their latest acquisitions.