• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Dinosaur jr. said:

Hi everybody. Seeking advice and thoughts.

I have a ASM issues #1 -2.0, #2- 5.5, #3 - 6.5, #4 7.0, #5 - 7.5 , and #6 7.0. All CGC graded.

I also have a ungraded AF 15 that is pretty bad but complete with a lot of tape on it. I'm gonna submit and I think it will come back a .5.

I did the research and If I sold them all I should get at least 20K for that bunch. ( I won't go over 20K no matter what because of tax reasons and I couldn't sell until 2020).

I'm on the fence decision wise.

My options: A - sell them all and get a nice looking AF 15 3.0

B - Keep issues 2 through 6  as they are and sell the AF 15 .5 and the ASM 1 2.0 then use those proceeds to get a ASM 5.0 or possibly a 6.0. Then I would have a nice ASM 1 through 6 run but no AF 15.

What's your opinion? We'd like to know. Thanks

AF 15

On 5/1/2019 at 1:09 PM, Dark Knight said:

AF 15 all day every day!  

Ok another Amazing Fantasy amazing fantasy of mine, hope I'm not being annoying.

Choice A- AF #15 cgc 3.0

or

Choice B- Hulk #1 cgc 3.0 and a FF 1 cgc 3.0

Bonus annoying question for those who still chose choice A: What if an ASM #1 cgc 3.0 was added to choice B?

And now a Super Bonus annoying question for those who still chose Choice A: What if an ASM #1 cgc 3.0 and an X-Men #1 cgc 3.0 was added to Choice B?

Edited by Dinosaur jr.

1 hour ago, Dinosaur jr. said:

Ok another Amazing Fantasy amazing fantasy of mine, hope I'm not being annoying.

Choice A- AF #15 cgc 3.0

or

Choice B- Hulk #1 cgc 3.0 and a FF 1 cgc 3.0

Bonus annoying question for those who still chose choice A: What if an ASM #1 cgc 3.0 was added to choice B?

And now a Super Bonus annoying question for those who still chose Choice A: What if an ASM #1 cgc 3.0 and an X-Men #1 cgc 3.0 was added to Choice B?

I'm going to choose whatever option best allows me to maximize the money floating around in this scenariolol  Unless you are adding stipulations for choosing one over the other, the question doesn't really work since the money on both sides isn't equal.  If the money you can spend in either scenario is equal then there are a bunch of different ways you can go. Ie. you can choose Choice A, save $10k or use it to buy either of the original books from choice B or both of the bonus books you added(thumbsu

Edited by DST

You are offered 1 choice at first. You don't know about the bonus offers at that point. Both of those choices are close to the same money wise.

If you choose choice A you get the bonus offer. You don't know about the Super Bonus offer yet.

If you still choose A then you get the super bonus offer.

Actual values approximate in 3.0 

Choice A 18,000

Choice B 18,000

Choice B + Bonus 24,000

Choice B + Bonus + Super Bonus 28,000

But its not just about current market prices its about future prospective value,  BUT most of all its about personal preference.

Edited by Dinosaur jr.

5 hours ago, Dinosaur jr. said:

You are offered 1 choice at first. You don't know about the bonus offers at that point. Both of those choices are close to the same money wise.

If you choose choice A you get the bonus offer. You don't know about the Super Bonus offer yet.

Choice A 18,000

Choice B 18,000

Choice B + Bonus 24,000

But its not just about current market prices its about future prospective value,  BUT most of all its about personal preference.

Your over thinking it and good luck with the Choice A @ 18K probably not going to happen that cheap.

7 hours ago, Dinosaur jr. said:

Choice A 18,000

Choice B 18,000

Choice B + Bonus 24,000

For me I originally choose Option A.  Then since I'm a pragmatist, I'll always choose Option B unless there is the stipulation that I'll NEVER be able to buy an AF15 because the entire comic community will know the choice I made and hoard every copy and shun me from buying an AF15.  Since Spidey is my #1 guy and AF15 is my grail I can't live in a world like that so then and only then would I choose Option A over the higher valued package.

If that's not the case then after I get the bonus I'll choose Option B first time around, consolidate to Option A, and then use the money for the other books(thumbsu 

But who are we kidding, for anyone who knows or is familiar with me knows that I won't be buying any of these books unless they have white pages lol

I had listed my af 15 here awhile ago and was shocked to really not get much interest in it. I don't think I was trying to break the bank with the sale either. Wasn't looking to give it away that's for sure , but really only got 3 offers and was pretty surprised. So I just decided to keep it.

Edited by ickwinzs

3 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Your over thinking it and good luck with the Choice A @ 18K probably not going to happen that cheap.

Just having fun but I am curious what you all would choose over an AF 15, in that condition at least. Personally I think the other Marvel mega keys are going to slowly close that gap as time goes by.....but never catch up to AF15.  And 18K is about spot on for a 3.0. Probably get one for less at a show. I pay 6 bucks a month to gocollect . com to have easy access to the sales figs. Can't go by what a lot of these shyster sellers are asking for it.

1 hour ago, ickwinzs said:

I had listed my af 15 here awhile ago and was shocked to really not get much interest in it. I don't think I was trying to break the bank with the sale either. Wasn't looking to give it away that's for sure , but really only got 3 offers and was pretty surprised. So I just decided to keep it.

Huh. Maybe its your username. Just kidding. I wonder why that was. May I ask what grade it was?

Edited by Dinosaur jr.

4 hours ago, ickwinzs said:

My advice on this is patience.  For a book of such significant value, I'm sure you want to maximize your return ... but (apologies for stating the obvious) the fastest paths to cashing out are also the ones that require you to sacrifice some of the value, either in the form of a dealer / auction site sales commission or because the only people who are "always buying" are dealers and speculators who are going to stick to a price point that allows them to turn around and flip the book.  If you're trying to maximize your return, you'll probably need to sell to another collector -- and that means waiting until the timing is right for someone with a genuine desire for your book.  The good news is that there will always be demand for AF 15 so again, you just need to be patient.  If you create a sales thread and state a reasonable price, bumping it every so often, I think your chances are good that the right person will eventually come along.  Best of luck.

3 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Another "I made a dollar off this book, too" sticker.

I gathered that lol .  I can't find them online at all.  Are they a CC only place like CVA is basically Clink only?

:banana:

I'M CURRENTLY THE HIGH BIDDER ON THE AF15 CGC 9.2 ON CC!

MY MAX BID IS (edit: REMOVED DUE TO COMIC COLLECTING STRATEGY)!

From a private email between me and Comic Connect:

Dear NoMan,

This email confirms your bid in the amount of (REMOVED DUE TO COMIC COLLECTING STRATEGY) for AMAZING FANTASY #15, NM-.  Remember, if you end up with the winning bid, you are obligated to purchase the item.

You can view this book listing, or bid again, by visiting:

(YOU WILL FIND THE BOOK IN MY COLLECTION SOON)

You can review the status of all your bids at any time by logging into your account at ComicConnect.com.

Thanks and good luck,

ComicConnect.com
36 W 37 St, Fl 6
New York, NY 10018
Phone: 212.895.3999
www.comicconnect.com
support@comicconnect.com

From the Comic Connect website:

You are currently the high bidder for this item.  Your maximum bid is (REMOVED DUE TO COMIC COLLECTING STRATEGY!).

Edited by NoMan

On 4/20/2019 at 11:12 AM, UncleBEN said:

And if a boardie offered you 30K each? :)  In all seriousness I would hold onto both copies if they do not have any chipping. Makes me wonder how many inquiries are made on these threads though for those posting their latest acquisitions. 

You'd be surprised how many, but that's the Boards...many a deal worked out in private messages.