• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Come on! Let's get this thread pumpin' like it was two years ago. Here comes a 9.2 on CC ending on June 10th, 2019. Guesses for final hammer? It's a beauty, however, this book has cooled off remarkably so I say in the 200k range.

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=723368

You are dreaming. 

No way a 9.2 hammers at $200K. Easy $400K and up book, even with issues having cooled down in general. The biggest thing that will hurt it is the new Wayfair Legislation. I assume ComicConnect has to enforce it to. So someone could be spending an additional 9%-10% in sales tax.

Edited by LDarkseid1

3 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

No way a 9.2 hammers at $200K. Easy $400K and up book, even with issues having cooled down in general. The biggest thing that will hurt it is the new Wayfair Legislation. I assume ComicConnect has to enforce it to. So someone could be spending an additional 9%-10% in sales tax.

I agree it will hit $400k or over. A 9.0 hit $415K around this time last year on CLink. With regard to taxes, yes it's enforced, below is a link. However if someone is spending ~$400k on a book, I don't think a 10% sales tax will deter them.

https://www.comicconnect.com/load_page.php?page=SalesTax

5 minutes ago, DTM700 said:

I agree it will hit $400k or over. A 9.0 hit $415K around this time last year on CLink. With regard to taxes, yes it's enforced, below is a link. However if someone is spending ~$400k on a book, I don't think a 10% sales tax will deter them.

https://www.comicconnect.com/load_page.php?page=SalesTax

Maybe, maybe not with this book, but in general it will start to affect books.

Edited by LDarkseid1

2 hours ago, LovetheLizard said:

Hi everyone,

I am "contemplating" downgrading my copy and if anyone is interested please shoot me a PM.  I have posted a pic of the front and back cover.

I don't think these kind of Sales announcements are appropriate for this thread. It should be listed in a real Sales thread with prices. Sorry but those are Board Rules, not mine. 

22 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't think these kind of Sales announcements are appropriate for this thread. It should be listed in a real Sales thread with prices. Sorry but those are Board Rules, not mine. 

Edited

Edited by LovetheLizard
rules

8 hours ago, LovetheLizard said:

I am not posting it in the sales thread because as of right now it’s not for sale. I however would like to know if anyone is interested and what they’d be willing to pay/trade. I thought that was acceptable as I’ve seen it before. If this is in violation then I’ll remove the pics.

Not for sale but interested in what someone would pay?.. O.o

10 hours ago, LovetheLizard said:

I am not posting it in the sales thread because as of right now it’s not for sale. I however would like to know if anyone is interested and what they’d be willing to pay/trade. I thought that was acceptable as I’ve seen it before. If this is in violation then I’ll remove the pics.

Usually these Club threads are meant to show your books and discuss the love. Your reference to the book is not for sale but you would like to know if anyone is interested and what they would pay is an interesting twist. IMO, it's either for sale or it is not. Though I think your copy is very attractive I do think there is way too much chipping on the right edge. This 'flaw' is often frowned upon by collectors. Though CGC was generous with the grade, it just doesn't look like it's 6.0 worthy. But it's not for sale anyway, right .

16 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Usually these Club threads are meant to show your books and discuss the love. Your reference to the book is not for sale but you would like to know if anyone is interested and what they would pay is an interesting twist. IMO, it's either for sale or it is not. Though I think your copy is very attractive I do think there is way too much chipping on the right edge. This 'flaw' is often frowned upon by collectors. Though CGC was generous with the grade, it just doesn't look like it's 6.0 worthy. But it's not for sale anyway, right .

:popcorn:

3 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Looks like a 6.0 to me , I am not a fan of MC either but seems about right for the grade.

I don't think 48-50k would be unreasonable for this copy.

18 minutes ago, UncleBEN said:

Looks like a 6.0 to me , I am not a fan of MC either but seems about right for the grade.

I don't think 48-50k would be unreasonable for this copy.

I agree that 48 - 50 K is reasonable. 

Hi everybody. Seeking advice and thoughts.

I have a ASM issues #1 -2.0, #2- 5.5, #3 - 6.5, #4 7.0, #5 - 7.5 , and #6 7.0. All CGC graded.

I also have a ungraded AF 15 that is pretty bad but complete with a lot of tape on it. I'm gonna submit and I think it will come back a .5.

I did the research and If I sold them all I should get at least 20K for that bunch. ( I won't go over 20K no matter what because of tax reasons and I couldn't sell until 2020).

I'm on the fence decision wise.

My options: A - sell them all and get a nice looking AF 15 3.0

B - Keep issues 2 through 6  as they are and sell the AF 15 .5 and the ASM 1 2.0 then use those proceeds to get a ASM 5.0 or possibly a 6.0. Then I would have a nice ASM 1 through 6 run but no AF 15.

What's your opinion? We'd like to know. Thanks

Edited by Dinosaur jr.