• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, NoMan said:

:banana:

I'M CURRENTLY THE HIGH BIDDER ON THE AF15 CGC 9.2 ON CC!

MY MAX BID IS (edit: REMOVED DUE TO COMIC COLLECTING STRATEGY)!

From a private email between me and Comic Connect:

Dear NoMan,

This email confirms your bid in the amount of (REMOVED DUE TO COMIC COLLECTING STRATEGY) for AMAZING FANTASY #15, NM-.  Remember, if you end up with the winning bid, you are obligated to purchase the item.

You can view this book listing, or bid again, by visiting:

(YOU WILL FIND THE BOOK IN MY COLLECTION SOON)

You can review the status of all your bids at any time by logging into your account at ComicConnect.com.

Thanks and good luck,

ComicConnect.com
36 W 37 St, Fl 6
New York, NY 10018
Phone: 212.895.3999
www.comicconnect.com
support@comicconnect.com

From the Comic Connect website:

You are currently the high bidder for this item.  Your maximum bid is (REMOVED DUE TO COMIC COLLECTING STRATEGY!).

Did a double take, thought it was SWAMI. lol

It’s a nice looking comic. Wow. 317k. With a month to go. So much for my 200k estimate. 

Now no one will take me seriously. I have dishonored the forum. 

I’ll revise my estimate to 330k

21 minutes ago, NoMan said:

It’s a nice looking comic. Wow. 317k. With a month to go. So much for my 200k estimate. 

Now no one will take me seriously. I have dishonored the forum. 

I’ll revise my estimate to 330k

When an auction goes this high (relative to expected results) this early, I always wonder if that will reduce the intensity of bidding at the end or increase it.  Would be interesting to see an analysis of a sufficiently large sample.

11 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

When an auction goes this high (relative to expected results) this early, I always wonder if that will reduce the intensity of bidding at the end or increase it.  Would be interesting to see an analysis of a sufficiently large sample.

All kidding aside I knew it would go for some serious $$ just didn’t think it would hit this money so soon. I can never figure out what a mega key will auction for. Crazy times. 

22 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Pretty copy.  That is, except for the long vertical color break at the spine going from the 12 cent box to the word balloon.

That looks like it's *directly* on the spine, easily forgiven IMHO.  It's not like the book is graded 9.6, and frankly I've seen that kind of thing on 9.6s anyway.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

It's on the front cover at the spine, and looks like what happens when the spine area near a staple is put under too much pressure, cracking the cover inks.  It's certainly not located right along the apex of the spine, where a cover was originally folded, and isn't in a perfectly straight line like a fold.

To me, it's a flaw that would merit a numerical downgrade if located anywhere else on the book, and so deserves to be taken into account even along the front cover at the spine.  It's also not that uncommon on pressed early SA Marvels, as per the example below, a Curator pedigree book in otherwise near mint condition.  At any rate, my personal preference would be for high grade comics without such a color breaking line than with it, especially when considering spending large coin on a high grade major key.

FF11Curator.JPG.d2eb8089b2693e609a43dee705f35cea.JPG

Edited by namisgr

Need help:

I'm in the process of upgrading so need to value my old copy.

My book presents great for a .5, but it is missing all of the pages outside of the spiderman story and is taped on spine with no staples. No marvel chipping on side, top does have a chip. Back cover looks great.

Screenshot_20190512-140058_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5db9ebaf53fb8e142f6702f4d10c1277.jpg

I am selling it to a family member, what is a fair price to sell to him for? 

Edited by jason4

On 5/15/2019 at 8:08 PM, jason4 said:

You can leave my .5 on club list (it's still in my family) and add me for the 2.5 ss qualified. 

20190515_155545.thumb.jpg.bcc877480864d4a9199da407c0d69b38.jpg

:tink:

Sweet, and congrats!  Is the club list ever updated?

Mine (CGC 2.0 SS) - http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=38781&GSub=2893

Edited by exitmusicblue