• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

On 5/12/2019 at 6:14 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't see how the flaws that had this AF 15 as a 9.0 were improved to now give a 9.2 . I am sensing lately thatt CGC is starting a loose period.  

Actually, I mentioned 2 years ago when the book sold as a 9.0 that I had looked at buying it because it looked like it had a very strong shot at upgrading to 9.2.

Just ask Jaydogrules, because he didn't believe me back then. :wink:

7 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Actually, I mentioned 2 years ago when the book sold as a 9.0 that I had looked at buying it because it looked like it had a very strong shot at upgrading to 9.2.

Just ask Jaydogrules, because he didn't believe me back then. :wink:

I have to agree here - it presents better than the large majority of the 9.0's I hold in my collection.  At worst, it's a "high end 9.0" if there is a scale within the scale.

18 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

nice newly graded 8.0 copy listed at GregReeceComics

https://reececomics.com/product/amazing-fantasy-15-cgc-8-0-ow-wh-pages/

AMAZING-FANTASY-15-CGC-8.0.jpg

Love the date stamp. Highly doubt the asking price will be met though.

Previously CGC7.0 OW-W # 0162887001 :taptaptap:

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction/comic/064706/amazing-fantasy-15-cgc-70-ow-w

AF15(7oww)DateStampF+R.jpg

AF15(7oww)datestampF+R-$105k(pedigree).jpg

Edited by Chaos_in_Canada

On 4/5/2019 at 4:05 PM, UncleBEN said:

That crease on the back cover would press right out, as well as the top edge,  as far as the spine goes looks VF to me . I was really upset I was driving and got sniped on this one

As I previously stated its a VF, Makes me even crazier I missed it...But sound like regardless of what I bid I wouldn't have snagged it anyway.hmmmmm, not sure if that makes me feel better or not..:0 

Edited by UncleBEN

18 hours ago, UncleBEN said:

I knew this book would bump , it was a steal at this price as well.

this is not good for the hobby. one day its in a 7.0 holder the next in a 8.0 holder. wtf.  book wasnt graded properly the first time around and now 100k is hangin in the balance. this will not create any kind of trust in the hobby. if this continues its the wild west. just sayin ...

4 hours ago, NoMan said:

Does anyone have the app. cost of having that 7.0 pressed and cleaned and graded  into an 8.0. 

The submitter makes money, the presser makes money, the graders make money. Everyone's richer.. :flipbait:

1 hour ago, peewee22 said:

The submitter makes money, the presser makes money, the graders make money. Everyone's richer.. :flipbait:

I thank you for the response. This I did realize. What I was wishing was some pressing & regrading genius would know the specific (or close to specific) amount of $ this 7.0 to 8.0 process cost as I'm too lazy to do the research myself.

Lazy + Wanting Free Knowledge = Nada. Nothing. So, nothing I get. Wish I was more motivated. I could have more $ and that's what it's all about. 

I'm hungry. 

Edited by NoMan

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

or was it just cracked out of the case and resubmitted as new and got an 8.0? I'm so confused. :sorry:

It wasn't, in my opinion.  The pages stick out from the covers more than they did before, and the top cover edges have been flattened into the starched collar look, both of which are remnants of pressing.