• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, peewee22 said:
On 6/28/2019 at 4:42 PM, Dark Knight said:

Probably, but I believe his widow may have sold all the books.  Dunno how much she knows about comics, but I really hope she did get a fair price, probably not the price the actual collection is worth.  Maybe she was happy with what she got.

She may have consigned the books with Torpedo? Eh?

Possibly.  Dunno all the details about this collection. 

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:
6 hours ago, NoMan said:

"Untimely demise?"  Sounds bad.

Yes, which means the sweet little wifey knew the exact value of the books before she went and did the nasty deed.  :devil:  lol

5 hours ago, NoMan said:
5 hours ago, peewee22 said:

Geez, AF15s give me a rise. :bigsmile:

You mean a hard-on?

I knew it!!!  :D

Maybe the little wifey wasn't as sweet and innocent as first thought.  Maybe it's a case of her old man's amazing fantasy not being able to get her spidey sense tingling anymore.  After all, a million big ones could get her a much younger and harder one which might fulfill her amazing fantasy 15 times a night.  (tsk)  lol

All kidding aside, since her husband was an avid life long collector and she was astute and loving enough to buy him a copy of Wonder Woman #1 for his first anniverasy gift, I am quite sure she's on the ball and knows that these books would have substantial value.  :wishluck:  :applause:

There really nothing down this path regarding the introduction of new issues of AF15 that should be continued.  It's bad enough when all the content disusses is money. Money moving to sexual fantasy, worse.  That's my opinion. 

Edited by Glassman10

5 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

There really nothing down this path regarding the introduction of new issues of AF15 that should be continued.  It's bad enough when all the content disusses is money. Money moving to sexual fantasy, worse.  That's my opinion. 

I suppose they could just talk about the same book over and over again ................

21 minutes ago, Omaha-CGC-Comics said:

Took me 6 months and selling some books I hated to let go, but I finally got it...

AF156.5.jpg.d697fac27f2a9e547c6e4cd671604feb.jpg

Very pretty book with eye popping colors! :golfclap:

On 6/9/2017 at 1:45 PM, drbanner said:

The AF 15 data on the left in the graphic below includes grades from 3.5 to 6.0 and has a couple of the Peak-AF 15 prices, it doesn't include "those crazy CC auction prices" (which I guess Metro will eventually report to GPA) and of course doesn't include the Clink prices since they don't report. The data on the right show Peak-Hulk1 occurring about 2 years ago before prices stagnated. I'll revisit this in six months and we'll see if the AF15 graphic continues to look like it does now...or more like the Hulk 1 data. (thumbsu

Hulk1_AF15_35_60_June%209_zpsmqmwklkm.jp

Welp, this is not breaking news now but 2 years later it looks like AF 15 prices have stagnated just like Hulk 1 prices did for a few years after it's big run up. AF 15 has actually dropped a little bit this year, Hulk 1 stagnated for a few years before creeping upwards but it too looks like it's softened a bit this summer. Good time to buy? Good time to sell? Who knows...

410864385_Hulk1_AF15_35_60_July12_2019.thumb.jpg.85d79939d23b6fc080f32019bf87dafa.jpg

Edited by drbanner

6 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Not sure where this sale was, but REALLY strong result for a 1.8 SS Stan Lee $20999.00 July 2019

Anyone have a picture or know where the sale was?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-1-8-SS-Signed-Stan-Lee-Origin-amp-1st-Spider-Man-/223468265234?hash=item3407bf1f12%3Ag%3AxTEAAOSwPrdb-Pk3&nma=true&si=N3tThdikfeHDEdFHqNvBIU7VR30%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

3 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:
6 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Not sure where this sale was, but REALLY strong result for a 1.8 SS Stan Lee $20999.00 July 2019

Anyone have a picture or know where the sale was?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-1-8-SS-Signed-Stan-Lee-Origin-amp-1st-Spider-Man-/223468265234?hash=item3407bf1f12%3Ag%3AxTEAAOSwPrdb-Pk3&nma=true&si=N3tThdikfeHDEdFHqNvBIU7VR30%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzri7DoeYwU3l0Jpqlz_E

rather a metric ton of it ...

Edited by Gotham Kid

24 minutes ago, texmurphy2099 said:

is the top of this cover what happens when a cover had color touch and someone just scratches it off?  ( see above the A and the M ) 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-fn-60-off-white-pages/a/7211-91050.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Yes, that is what it looks like.

49 minutes ago, jjfversion1 said:

Yes, that is what it looks like.

1 hour ago, texmurphy2099 said:

is the top of this cover what happens when a cover had color touch and someone just scratches it off?  ( see above the A and the M ) 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-fn-60-off-white-pages/a/7211-91050.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

As well as the torn piece off the back cover