• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

Trying to pick up a 3.0 for my brother and just lost out tonight to the one on Comiclink that closed at $14,750. So bummed. If anyone has a 3.0 lead I would love to help him get one to match the one I got from Bunky here on the forum. Thanks for your help!

AJ

22 hours ago, drdonaldblake1 said:

any collectible market can potentially crash.................you just have to take this possible risk if you are investing 

the comic market has not had a severe crash  in its history......................it has had periods of time when prices and demand were not rising..................you could say things were "in a recession"...................i remember such a time was the early to mid 80['s..................astute collectors like Dave Anderson were buying the Mile HIgh run of action comics 1-20 then

This is just plain incorrect. It's as if you were absent from 2007-2009/2010. High grade prices dropped like a rock for the vast majority of keys. It was a great time to buy, but a terrible time to sell.

Comics aren't recession proof. If and when the market eventually sees another downturn--as is nature for the market--you'll see this occur again. Maybe not to the same extent, but if it was guaranteed money than everyone would be doing it.

2 hours ago, Howling Mad said:

This is just plain incorrect. It's as if you were absent from 2007-2009/2010. High grade prices dropped like a rock for the vast majority of keys. It was a great time to buy, but a terrible time to sell.

Comics aren't recession proof. If and when the market eventually sees another downturn--as is nature for the market--you'll see this occur again. Maybe not to the same extent, but if it was guaranteed money than everyone would be doing it.

i was not really following the market closely around then 

It's no different than any other market. If you don't have to raise cash, you won't get hurt. If you bought with borrowed money, you may indeed get hurt. If you're chasing 4%, time to be antsy . I followed my AF15 for close to fifty years. In recessions, it fell. Once a recovery began, it absolutely shot up. Today is not really different but I do think that the buying market is getting a lot more sensitive about quality issues in mid grade books. CGC can say what it wants but chipping seems to matter for the buyers.  A 5.0 at 31K with a bunch of issues is just that.  A 5.0 without a bunch of issues does far better. Both 5.0? What can you conclude.? It's not like it's rare. 

Edited by Glassman10
spelling.

19 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

A nice 7.5 just listed on ComicLink. 165K. Free QES sticker to go along with it.

RAD1CDBE202019_142048.JPG

Nice book GK. You mean if I click on the book I get a FREE QES sticker? Wow can I pull off the sticker and put it on my inferior 8.0?

I see some toning on the cover. At the bottom inch it's clean but you can see the transfer stains above the inch line. Not knocking it at all. Sweet. :luhv:

53 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Nice book GK. You mean if I click on the book I get a FREE QES sticker? Wow can I pull off the sticker and put it on my inferior 8.0?

I see some toning on the cover. At the bottom inch it's clean but you can see the transfer stains above the inch line. Not knocking it at all. Sweet. :luhv:

And how could it get a QES sticker with that staining!? 

2 hours ago, peewee22 said:

yeah and that's a tough one in fairness to them. OW and C/OW is splitting hairs.

Yes it is. I don't get it because there should be a difference in color between offwhite and cream. And impossible for the pages to deteriorate for that short period of time